The City of North Las Vegas is excited to announce a recruitment for the position of Geographic Information Systems Analyst (GIS)! Candidates will be notified of their status at various times throughout the recruitment process. Please thoroughly review the information and selection process outlined on this announcement.
• Submit a complete application - For your application to be considered, you MUST fully complete an online application - Select “Apply for Job” at the top of this announcement and click “SUBMIT” at the end of your application
• Pay considerations - The starting hourly pay for this position is $30.05 (step 1). All new employees hired for this position will start at step 1 of the range, no exceptions. Existing employees will receive increases as outlined by their bargaining agreement.
• Background and Disqualifiers – Applicants who proceed in the selection process will be required to complete an extensive police background. Among other items, the following are disqualifying behaviors –
o Any felony conviction.
o Any domestic violence conviction.
o Gross misdemeanor and misdemeanor convictions will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
o Although there have been recent changes to laws regarding the legal possession and consumption of marijuana, the City of North Las Vegas will continue to adhere to its professional standards and guidelines as it relates to recent and continuous use of the drug.
The ideal candidate will be a diligent, driven individual who can multi-task and effectively communicate. They will manage their time efficiently, maintain confidentiality, demonstrate professionalism, and who are dedicated to working in an operation that is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and who may be assigned to work any shift and overtime shifts. They will need to work well with others in all divisions of the Police Department, other Departments in the City of North Las Vegas, and with members of outside agencies. They will also need to produce quality, accurate products while working under pressure to meet multiple deadlines.
Performs work related to the development and implementation of systems, databases, and programs, to create, maintain and update the city’s geographic information system.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following)
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Unix Workstation Personal Computer
Plotter Standard Office Equipment
Education and Experience:
Licenses and Certifications:
Must possess a valid state driver's license and maintain satisfactory motor vehicle record and ability to obtain appropriate Nevada state driver’s license within required time frame.
1. Complete online application - Interested candidates MUST submit an application through the City’s application system. Evaluation of meeting requirements will be made solely on information provided.
2. Oral board interview (Interview weighted 100%,passing score 70%)
3. Background Investigation - Includes an extensive background check, polygraph/CVSA examination, medical/drug screen exam. All top scoring candidates must pass the Background Investigation in order to move forward in the process.
BACKGROUND PROCESS & PRE EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS
Candidates for this position are subject to pre-employment screenings and employment is contingent upon these results. Pre-employment screenings may include but are not limited to: local, state, and federal criminal history checks, and may require submission of fingerprints; drug screen; and physical examinations to include a psychological evaluation.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
• All selected candidates will start at Step 1 with an hourly rate of $30.05.
• The City of North Las Vegas offers a comprehensive benefit package that includes:
o Comprehensive group health insurance plan
o Disability insurance
o Dental, vision, and life insurance options
o Vacation, Sick leave, and excellent retirement benefits
o Bilingual pay (testing required)
This class specification may not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this description. Any essential function or requirement of this class will be evaluated as necessary should an incumbent/applicant be unable to perform the function or requirement due to a disability as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodations for the specific disability will be made for the incumbent/applicant as possibl
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.