We have an opening for a Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) Analyst. You will contribute across a broad spectrum of site operations at the Laboratory. You will develop and integrate GIS and data analysis tools addressing operational system applications, while working with members of a dynamic multi-disciplinary team of planners, engineers, and Information Technology (IT) staff. This position is in the Enterprise Application Services Division within the Computing Directorate, in support of the LivIT Program.
Telecommuting options may be available for this position.
In this role, you will
- Contribute to the facilitation of information sharing, analysis, and decision making through a geospatial information system (GIS).
- Under general direction, perform editing tasks such as constructing new features and editing attributes in a GIS; perform spatial operations with GIS tools to analyze and query data.
- Contribute to the production of comprehensive critical infrastructure maps of areas of interest and depicting results of spatial analysis.
- Contribute to the development of custom mapping interfaces and transform data to/from GIS formats.
- Integrate GIS with disparate business systems to provide a unified view of data.
- Perform building internal space analysis to support Programs in developing facility project proposals.
- Participate in site planning analysis related to campus development and employee migration planning in support of future site growth.
- Update and maintain GIS datasets and identify methods to streamline future maintenance to ensure data reliability.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geography, Land/Urban Planning, Civil Engineering, or a related field or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Ability to perform general desktop GIS analyses based on client needs.
- Experience with the Esri ArcGIS desktop.
- Sufficient verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team environment, and present and explain technical information.
- Sufficient interpersonal skills necessary to interact with all levels of personnel and ability to work independently in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Fundamental knowledge of basic principles of cartography and graphic design.
Qualifications We Desire
- Knowledge of GIS sensor data processing and developing derivative datasets from LiDAR or GPS surveys.
- Knowledge of ETL concepts, developing data translations supporting business processes and data/systems integrations.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position, open to Lab employees and external candidates.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2022 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Flexible Benefits Package
- Education Assistance
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance. If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Also, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.