Overall Responsibility: Responsible for the production and maintenance of geographic data and airport planning information.
- Produces and maintains geographic data and graphics for airport-related GIS projects.
- Supports the development of airport master planning, land use/zoning, environmental, system planning, airfield planning, terminal planning, and airspace planning studies.
- Develops and manages scripts for data analysis and systems integration
- Reviews the adequacy and quality of GIS data and makes recommendation for specific types of improvement
- Develops GIS databases following GIS standards.
- Produces metadata.
- Performs basic data maintenance to correct data issues.
- Compiles and updates mapping/cartographic data to determine land use, elevation, and general relationship of existing physical features.
- Produces maps
- Collects, valuates, and processes GPS data.
- Participates in ongoing training and career development activities.
- Stays current with GIS software trends.
- Supports opportunities to learn about GIS abilities and possibilities.
- Performs related work as required.
- Represents Arora at local networking events.
- Knowledge of FAA's Airport GIS Program.
- Knowledge of FAA Advisory Circulars (ACs) and FARs (Federal Aviation Regulations).
- Experience with GIS software systems specifically ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Desktop, and other ESRI extensions.
- Experience developing custom scripts for GIS data management and analysis
- Airport master planning experience for a commercial airport.
- Experience customizing web maps and applications using ArcGIS Online for Organizations and/or Portal for ArcGIS
- Knowledge of planning, design, maintenance and production of geographic data in an airport environment.
- Familiarity with CAD datasets and the conversion process to GIS.
- Experience managing spatial data concepts, projections systems, geo-databases, topology and relational databases.
- FAA IDLE Certification in Airport GIS a plus.
- GISP certification or the desire to earn GISP certification is a plus.
- Ability to assess and translate goals, plans, and concepts of an airport master plan.
- Ability to create high-quality graphic products.
- Organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate complex technical information to non-technical audiences both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently within a team environment.
- Ability to create and maintain productive relationships with employees, clients and vendors.
- Possesses appropriate paperwork to demonstrate legal right to work in United States as a full-time, regular employee
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in geography, urban planning, geographic information systems, or related field.
- 5 years or more experience in utilizing GIS systems software and/or airport planning.
- OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.