Who we are: The Freshwater Trust (TFT) is a non-profit leader in watershed analysis, restoration/ conservation program design, and implementation. Our team members are building tools and creating and testing new solutions that will help to create resiliency in our rivers. With a mission of preserving and restoring freshwater ecosystems, our approach is driven by science, data, and results (see our Core Values). With headquarters in Portland, OR, TFT employs 45+ team members across Oregon, Idaho, Washington and California. We currently have three physical offices in Portland, Ashland, OR and Sacramento, CA. Our team members range in background and skillset; teams include a philanthropy and fundraising team, communications team, science and analytics team, restoration team, legal team, finance team, and administrative and systems support.
Who you are: TFT is seeking a Geographic Information Systems Analyst who has experience using ArcGIS Desktop and/or ArcGIS Pro and who is interested in the organization’s mission to fix and restore freshwater ecosystems. The GIS Analyst will primarily assist TFT’s Science and Analytics staff with data creation, analysis, cartography and research and development of new GIS based tools and methodologies and will report to the Senior GIS Analyst.
- Assist with geospatial data creation (digitize agricultural areas and hydrologic features) for restoration scenario simulations.
- Assist with geospatial data management (including but not limited to; field collected data from GPS units, downloading and processing web hosted data and data shared from project partners/clients).
- Perform data verification and quality control.
- Create/edit/maintain cartographic products (static maps and ArcGIS Online web maps).
- Assist with various spatial analyses to support restoration programs.
Minimum Skills and Qualifications:
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in geography, GIS, computer science, hydrology, earth science, environmental science, botany, or related field, or at least one year of professional GIS experience.
- Experience with ArcGIS Desktop/ArcGIS Pro/ArcGIS Online.
- Ability to conduct repetitive tasks while maintaining a high attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic and good organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Familiarity with remotely sensed data (aerial imagery, multispectral imagery, LiDAR, visual SFM, etc.).
- Ability to perform basic data analysis and reporting.
- Ability to apply a working knowledge of GIS automation processes.
Seeking Perseverant, Creative and Energetic Candidates Who:
- Have a passion for the mission and values of The Freshwater Trust.
- Exhibit professionalism, confidence, intellectual curiosity, and resilience.
- Are simultaneously team-oriented and strong individual contributors.
- Are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Hold legal authority to work permanently in the US.
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- The Freshwater Trust believes in investing in our employees, their health, and future through our benefits offerings. Our total rewards package includes full health and dental coverage, automatic retirement employer contributions, commuter benefits and cell phone reimbursement. Because we are all in, we value getting out, and support our staff with 5 weeks of paid time off plus over 10 paid holidays per year. We also offer perks such as staff retreats, sabbatical for full-time staff after seven years, and professional development opportunities.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.