The IT Business Analyst (GIS Developer) will support multiple business groups across MPC such as Midstream, Terminals, and Refining. The role will involve development of new GIS functionality and support existing products based primarily on ESRI suite, requiring detailed knowledge of server application products. This position will work directly with business partners and other IT groups to ensure GIS applications meet business functional and performance requirements. The IT Business Analyst (GIS Developer) will manage GIS support requests from business users and will take a significant role on projects that will expand/enhance corporate GIS capabilities. Project responsibilities will include gathering/documenting requirements, functional designs, application development, and producing test scripts according to the business unit objectives.
This position belongs to a family of jobs with increasing responsibility, competency, and skill level. Actual position title and pay grade will be based on the selected candidate’s experience and qualifications.
- Works directly with business partners to gather requirements, develop, and implement new systems and enhance existing systems. Facilitates activities when multiple areas of IT need to be involved such as cross functional changes to applications and system integration testing for projects.
- Stays current on technologies and business processes. Evaluates new applications and identifies system requirements. Identifies evolving business requirements, measures business processes and application performance, and recommends appropriate system alternatives and/or enhancements to current systems.
- Understands the data and how the business processes function within the IT applications.
- Maintains a base understanding of interfacing applications.
- Internally develop or work directly with third party vendors to develop and deploy solutions per business requirements.
- Functionally understands and works to have expert knowledge of applications of which the role is responsible.
- Participates in production support, issue resolution and change control management activities.
- Interprets existing IT controls environment and applies to existing and proposed processes to ensure compliance.
- Proactively monitors and communicates the status of incidents, outages, and drives resolution.
- Analyzes data and trends to identify a root cause; then addresses the problem.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in GIS, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related GIS technical experience.
- Two or more years of experience in a GIS information technology role administrating server applications.
- Experience developing custom GIS solutions, administrating enterprise GIS SDE databases, and GIS mobile applications.
- Experience building SDE feature classes, domains, subtypes, and relationship classes.
- Deep knowledge of ESRI products Portal, ArcGIS Server, SDE, GeoEvent Server, Image Server, Field Maps, Survey123, and other mobile applications.
- Experiencing operating an enterprise GIS within Azure or AWS cloud environments.
- Experience developing and supporting ETL operations between GIS applications/database using FME Desktop or Server.
- Oil and Gas experience not required.
- Developing SDE schema changes with Python, ArcPy, and other supporting Python packages.
- Strong spatial analysis, geoprocessing skillsets, ArcGIS Desktop, and Pro to assist GIS business partners.
- General IT infrastructure knowledge for assisting other IT teams identifying and troubleshooting hardware running GIS solutions.
- Ability to foster partnerships with business partners.
- Strong critical thinking skills for analysis and problem solving.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple efforts and progress them simultaneously.
- Ability to identify, research, and resolve issues proactively and provide recommendations to business partners, IT peers, and various levels of management.
As an energy industry leader, our career opportunities fuel personal and professional growth.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.