Arora Engineers, Inc., a growing, dynamic engineering company, is seeking a professional GIS Analyst. The successful candidate will have technical knowledge of GIS and the development of GIS solutions for airports as well as airport planning experience including but not limited to the preparation, modification, and updating of airport master plans and other comprehensive planning studies. This position will require a candidate that is an independent thinking, self-motivated and able to manage their time with limited supervision.
Overall Responsibility: Responsible for the production and maintenance of geographic data and airport planning information.
- Produces and maintains geographic data and graphics for airport-related GIS projects.
- Supports the development of airport master planning, land use/zoning, environmental, system planning, airfield planning, terminal planning, and airspace planning studies.
- Develops and manages scripts for data analysis and systems integration
- Reviews the adequacy and quality of GIS data and makes recommendation for specific types of improvement
- Develops GIS databases following GIS standards.
- Produces metadata.
- Performs basic data maintenance to correct data issues.
- Compiles and updates mapping/cartographic data to determine land use, elevation, and general relationship of existing physical features.
- Produces maps
- Collects, valuates, and processes GPS data.
- Participates in ongoing training and career development activities.
- Stays current with GIS software trends.
- Supports opportunities to learn about GIS abilities and possibilities.
- Performs related work as required.
- Represents Arora at local networking events.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in geography, urban planning, geographic information systems, or related field.
- 5 years or more experience in utilizing GIS systems software and/or airport planning.
- OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of FAA's Airport GIS Program.
- Knowledge of FAA Advisory Circulars (ACs) and FARs (Federal Aviation Regulations).
- Experience with GIS software systems specifically ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Desktop, and other ESRI extensions.
- Experience developing custom scripts for GIS data management and analysis
- Airport master planning experience for a commercial airport.
- Experience customizing web maps and applications using ArcGIS Online for Organizations and/or Portal for ArcGIS
- Knowledge of planning, design, maintenance and production of geographic data in an airport environment.
- Familiarity with CAD datasets and the conversion process to GIS.
- Experience managing spatial data concepts, projections systems, geo-databases, topology and relational databases.
- FAA IDLE Certification in Airport GIS a plus.
- GISP certification or the desire to earn GISP certification is a plus.
- Ability to assess and translate goals, plans, and concepts of an airport master plan.
- Ability to create high-quality graphic products.
- Organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate complex technical information to non-technical audiences both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently within a team environment.
- Ability to create and maintain productive relationships with employees, clients and vendors.
- Possesses appropriate paperwork to demonstrate legal right to work in United States as a full-time, regular employee.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: ARORA ENGINEERS, INC. (ARORA) - Arora provides clients in the aviation, transportation, education, government, and commercial/institutional sectors with engineering services for intelligent infrastructure solutions. Through smart design, construction management, and facilities maintenance management, we rethink industry needs to help keep clients on the cutting edge and add value to a project. Arora is a growing firm that welcomes individuals with a thirst for knowledge and the energy to tackle projects that help take the infrastructure of our world to the next level.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.