OBJECTIVE: Within the Engineering Division, the GIS Analyst will work under the direction of the GIS Coordinator to create and maintain a reliable and accurate system of record for PMLP’s field infrastructure, design and implement quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) processes, and use GIS database and data analysis tools to support and streamline PMLP’s operational activities. Additionally, help as needed to create, implement and support new technology tools to assist and enhance cross-departmental productivity and integration within the framework of GIS related projects. This position requires knowledge of GIS principals, concepts and techniques; as well as strong working experience with ESRI’s ArcGIS platform, ESRI’s mobile apps, field data collection practices and tools.
- Data collection of field asset location and condition within the City of Peabody and South Lynnfield.
- Perform accurate and timely updates to PMLP’s GIS network model, geodatabases and maps; using ESRI’s ArcGIS Platform.
- Train and support end users, and manage process flows for GIS related applications as they pertain to PMLP’s operational business.
- Assist in the development and institution of QC procedures for GIS datasets. Generate reports on spatial integrity and attribute consistency.
- Perform quality control checks between GIS datasets and other operational systems to ensure integrated data agreement.
- Perform analysis on spatial and non-spatial data to generate statistical, operational and maintenance reports.
- Work with staff, partners and vendors to verify infrastructure assets, troubleshoot, and ensure accuracy of the GIS network model and data.
- Prepare information using appropriate GIS tools and media output for presentation to internal and external customers.
- Identify and help develop new applications for the GIS platform that could help increase productivity and efficiency of PMLP’s operations.
- Assist GIS team in ongoing platform maintenance, system design, development, and upgrades.
- Assist in the documentation of the GIS databases (metadata), procedures, problem resolution guidelines and business data interfaces.
- Serve on call 24 hours a day to address emergency situations or serious malfunctions for all GIS-based systems, associated equipment, operating systems, and applications. Act as backup to other GIS staff members to the extent possible, and when applicable.
- At the discretion of the Manager, shall fill-in for other personnel and perform responsibilities and functions required to maintain or enhance the successful operation of the PMLP. Perform related duties as required, while keeping updated on current trends/technologies within the industry.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree in Geospatial Information Management, Geography, Computer Science, Engineering, or other-related field.
- Demonstrated relevant experience/training/GIS Certification may substitute for degree as determined by PMLP. Utility experience is a bonus.
- 2-3 years’ experience as GIS Analyst with working knowledge of CAD software, Geodatabases, ArcGIS Pro/ArcMap, ArcGIS Enterprise,
and ESRI mobile apps (Collector, Survey123, and Explorer). Experience with ESRI’s Geometric network or Utility Network is a bonus.
- Knowledge of GIS, GPS/GNSS and cartographic concepts, practices and data collection techniques.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings, utility maps and as-builts.
- Strong knowledge of mathematics, geometry, trigonometry, and basic statistics.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work as part of a diverse team.
- Should possess exceptional troubleshooting skills to promptly detect, analyze, and resolve issues, as well as the ability to develop, implement, and document standards, procedures, and guidelines to support problem resolutions and operational processes.
- Should be a results-oriented individual with excellent written and verbal communications skills, project management skills, and the ability to explain complex technical procedures and systems in layman’s terms to non-technical personnel and peers.
- Must be self-motivated, have the ability to quickly absorb and learn new technologies, software and hardware components, and anticipate future applicability to PMLP’s operations. Ability to address and resolve multiple unrelated issues concurrently. Strong work ethic desired.
- Ability and ethics to maintain strict confidentiality consistent with applicable company and City policies, local, state, and federal requirements, and possess an overall thorough understanding of technology ethics.
Please submit letter and resume to John Maihos at email@example.com.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.