The Utilities GIS Analyst performs technical duties which incorporate electronic information from databases, mapping systems, and telemetry systems into working documents, maps, and control systems within the City’s Water Department. This role ensures the accuracy of mapping data with field verification and assists the Distribution Operators with overflow work. Further, this role models the organization’s core values and mission in all interactions with stakeholders.
- Verifies that electronic information received from various organizations is compatible with current city of Aspen Data Standards for the Water, Information Services, and Engineering Departments while also working to incorporate new information into the existing mapping system.
- Corresponds with contractors, engineers, and staff for remedial actions when the information is missing and/or to correct drawings-of-record, as well as maintaining files relating to drawings and line diagram standards.
- Provides mapping, reports, analysis, data, products, database development and Global Positioning System (GPS) data collection. This position is responsible for updating and maintaining computer-generated data, mapping systems, and the Utilities Department’s project database on a regular basis to ensure accuracy, timeliness, and completeness of information.
- Assists the Utilities Department with locating infrastructure and providing mapping products to meet UNCC/811 subsurface utility requirements. This position also assists mapping and locating system appurtenances through GPS equipment, downloading locations into the GIS database.
- Service: Provides service with excellence, humility, integrity, and respect in daily work, builds trust by listening, treats people with respect, acknowledges opportunities for improvement, and follows through with commitments.
- Partnership: Actively creates strong, supportive internal and external relationships to attain a common goal and achieve greater impact together.
- Stewardship: Balances social, environmental, and financial responsibilities, evaluating the impact of decision making on a thriving future for all.
- Innovation: Develops technical expertise to pursue new ideas and creative outcomes, grounded in Aspen’s unique culture, opportunities, and challenges.
- Communication: Knowledge of effective and appropriate communication. Ability to use knowledge effectively in various contexts which may require oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication.
- Interpersonal: Works to develop strength in interpersonal skills. Has the ability to work well with diverse groups of people, both inside and outside the organization.
- Technology: Demonstrates technology skills sufficient for the nature and level of position.
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn new technologies and transition job duties accordingly to support technological advances and innovation.
- Flexibility: Ability to adapt to situations and changing requirements.
- Problem Solving: Ability to find solutions to complex issues.
- Four years of professional experience in water and/or GIS.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geography, Cartography, Computer Science, Environmental Science, Planning, Engineering, or a related field. *
- Must be proficient in the following areas: Microsoft Office Suite, Graphic Interfacing Software,
- Ladder Logic programming software, databases, system modeling, AutoCAD, and ArcGis.
* Please note that any combination of experience and education that would likely provide the required abilities, knowledge, and skills as determined by the City of Aspen may be substituted for the requirements above.
Enjoy Industry Leading Benefits:
- Health and wellness benefits, including Medical and Dental Vision Insurance.
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Cafeteria Benefit
- Wellbeing Program and Incentives
- Homeowner’s Down Payment Assistance
- Competitive 401(a) Employer Retirement Contributions
- Flexible Schedule
- Discounted Ski Passes
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Extended Sick Leave
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.