The Tallahassee office of Stearns Weaver Miller is seeking a talented, self-driven GIS Analyst with a strong understanding of GIS concepts and data management. The GIS Analyst will work under the direction of the GIS Director. The ideal candidate is a problem-solver that thrives while working in a fast-paced team setting.
- Data analyses, management, conversion, and modeling
- Create complex cartographic map products
- Support and develop webmapping applications
- Maintain and update spatial databases and imagery libraries
- Non-spatial data acquisition and research
The ideal candidate will possess:
- GIS work experience in Planning, Zoning, Permitting, and/or Real Estate
- Strong aptitude for defining data needs, project requirements, and methodology for required outputs in the most efficient and timely manner
- Familiarity with data sources from local, state, and federal agencies
- Experience using advanced ArcGIS editing tools
- Ability to “think out of the box” when challenged with unconventional data requirements
- Experience in 3-D modeling, Transit/Network analysis, and statistics
- Ability to identify data quality issues and work to improve data accuracy
- Knowledge of ArcGIS Pro for future migration from desktop
- Strong technical and computer skills
- Knowledge of Web Services, a plus
- Availability to occasionally travel
Qualifications / Education
- Bachelor's degree in Geography, Planning, GIS or related field and 3 to 5 years of experience required.
- Proficiency with the ArcGIS 10.x Desktop Software Suite, Open Source GIS, Excel, and ArcGIS online
- Ability to manipulate spatial data, imagery, LiDAR, and other common GIS formats
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to assist IT/Multimedia Department when necessary
- Strict adherence to data storage and file structure standards
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to manage time and prioritize various assignments/projects simultaneously
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.