We welcome and appreciate your interest in employment with the City of Corpus Christi. We are an equal opportunity employer; no information obtained during the recruitment/selection process is intended for any discriminatory purposes.
ATTENDANCE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION ARE AS FOLLOWS: Non-rotating 40-hour work week, Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. Must be available to work additional hours as needed.
Who May Apply?
All persons legally authorized to work in the United States
· Develop plans for complex projects related to their resource assignments, schedules, scope, communication, quality and/or procurement while utilizing available resources and maintaining City project objectives.
· Research digital and hard copy documents by obtaining information from section maps, as built drawings, and archives from other departments, agencies and field crews.
· Conduct field investigations and visits to future project sites and current construction sites.
· Plan, assist, direct, coordinate, and evaluate work assignments.
· May be asked to perform other duties as assigned.
· Requires a Bachelor’s Degree
· Minimum of six (6) months to one (1) year of related experience
· A combination of education and pertinent experience may be considered
· A valid driver's license is required. Successful out of state candidates must be able to obtain a valid Texas driver's license within 90 days of hire
The City offers an excellent benefit package that includes:
· Texas Municipal Retirement System – TMRS is a required retirement plan for all full-time employees. Each employee automatically contributes 7% of their total compensation. The City will match employee contributions 2 to 1 during retirement.
· Medical/dental/vision/life coverage for employees and their eligible dependents.
· Vacation – 88+ hours per year
· Personal leave – 40 hours per year
· Sick leave – 96 hours per year
· Voluntary 457b deferred compensation plan
· Seven (7) Holidays
· Flexible Spending Account
· City Employee Health & Wellness Clinic & City Employee Fitness Center
· Learning & Development Academy
· Tuition Reimbursement Programs
· Employee Recognition Programs
Basis of Rating
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.