Performs responsible professional and technical work to design, develop, maintain, modify manage and enhance GIS software applications. Provides Enterprise Project Management, analyses, application development and database management as it relates to the County's Enterprise GIS Services. Responds to County wide departmental business needs and maintains the primary GIS ArcSDE Database. Serves internal and external clients.
Determines the technology needed to accomplish goals and objectives and partners with departments to meet their business needs utilizing the County's Enterprise GIS Services. Reports to the GIS Manager project status, problems and changes in resource allocation when appropriate. Employee is guided by the GIS Manager, but works independently to design, develop, test and implement projects. Performs related duties as required
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provides Web development services for the County of Roanoke.
- Perform analysis in order to achieve project goals and objectives.
- Work with various Departments within the County of Roanoke to meet data needs such as integrating geospatial data with existing program data, enhancing capacity to solve problems, increasing program efficiency and improving situational awareness.
- Develop customer confidence by providing accurate complex data analysis, software design and development for independent products or for products that will be integrated into existing data systems for use by individuals and/or multiple partners in both the public and non-public arena.
- Works with various Departments and partners to analyze needs, develop solutions and design systems which will provide access to data within Enterprise GIS Services so that end-users can make better decisions, solve problems and increase program efficiency.
- Manage projects and day to day production schedules.
- Provide support for other users of ESRI and Pictometry software.
- Provides technical support to professional staff, the public and other GIS staff.
- Produces maps and other visual aids for special projects, community meetings & public.
- Creates, edits, manages, and queries data.
- Performs quality control analysis on Enterprise GIS Services.
Required: Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university with major work in GIS/geography, computer science, information technology or related field.
- Required: At least two years related experience and/or training
in Geographic Information Systems using ESRI ArcGIS Core Suite of Software Products or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required: Valid Virginia driver's license with good driving record.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to perform work as part of a team.
- Skills in computer assisted drafting (CAD) techniques, preferably Autodesk and AutoCad based CAD products
- Ability to communicate effectively when interacting with the public
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and staff.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Technical understanding of multiple partners ranging from novice to advanced.
- Ability to meet customers on their level in order to provide appropriate products to meet business needs.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.