The Geographic Information System (GIS) Analyst will support Raba Kistner’s Environmental program, with an emphasis on pipeline projects. The GIS Analyst will be responsible for providing quick-turnaround support for projects located throughout Texas and beyond, which will require a high level of responsiveness to internal team requests. The GIS Analyst will also assist in transportation and other project types, as needed. Position is for part-time, on-call GIS support.
- Serves as dedicated geospatial analyst for oil and gas pipeline and other projects
- Works seamlessly across multiple graphic software applications and file types (AutoCAD, GIS, Microstation, etc.)
- Prepares spatial data in advance of field work, and to efficiently post-process Global Positioning Satellite (GPS) data captured across multiple GPS platforms (Trimble, Leica, other)
- Develops and creates project-specific data collection procedures for efficient data collection and post-processing
- Creates and manages geodatabases and report graphics
- Attendance and successful completion of an in-person and hands-on training in the use of ESRI GIS products (ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro) at an ESRI Training Center or other certified training provider. Completed training may include Introduction to ArcGIS 1, Introduction to ArcGIS 2, ArcGIS Pro: Essential Workflows, Migrating from ArcMap to ArcGIS Pro
- Associates or higher degree in Geography or a related field with an emphasis in GIS, with specific coursework involving use of ESRI GIS products and extensions. Major or Minor (and/or GIS certification) preferred
- Minimum of two years of demonstrated experience performing GIS analyses and preparing GIS maps for environmental and cultural resource oil and gas pipeline projects
- Familiarity with and practical use of ESRI ArcMap and ArcGIS Pro in real-world environmental consulting projects
- Working knowledge of environmental and cultural resource (e.g. archaeology) industry terminology
- Must have excellent verbal communication, written, organizational, and prioritization skills
- Must be willing to work in a fast-paced environment and respond to requests in a highly efficient manner
- Possess valid Texas driver’s license and meet company’s auto insurability requirements
- Present a professional appearance to best represent the firm
- Comply with all attendance requirements as noted in most current edition of Corporate Policy Manual
- Normal working hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., but frequent after-hours and weekend work may be required to meet demanding project needs (position is on-call)
- Must possess a mobile phone and be available to respond to project requests according to the requested availability above, which may include holidays, on occasion
- Must pass a drug test prior to employment and will be subject to post-accident, random, and reasonable cause testing during employment.
Raba Kistner supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace. Females and minorities are encouraged to apply.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.