The Wilmington Metropolitan Planning Organization (WMPO) and its member jurisdictions are looking for a GIS Analyst. The GIS Analyst serves an integral role in the long-range transportation planning efforts of the WMPO by managing geospatial data and by providing visually rich materials for community engagement. These efforts serve the WMPO's mission of driving transportation decisions to improve safety, connectivity, economic development and quality of life in the Wilmington region, which corresponds to the City's plan.
Specific duties will include:
- Completing various transportation projects resulting in short and long range transportation studies
- Researching, collecting and analyzing data
- Assisting with project analysis, prioritization, sub area studies, etc.
- Assisting with planning studies for roadway, transit, bicycle, pedestrian, freight, rail, etc.
- Developing and implementing updates for each of the WMPO's 20+ unique datasets.
- Maintaining the organization's online GIS mapping portal for better public access to several key WMPO transportation datasets.
- Developing and implementing a technical assistance plan to address data needs from member jurisdictions through on-site technical support with transportation datasets and mapping.
- Compiling, analyzing, and organizing data in to understandable formats to prepare and distribute reports used by management to identify trends.
- Utilizing applications and technology to create models, run reports, and maintain data to perform analysis for the planning and modification of resource distribution to continually support demands for service and to support business functions.
- Supporting other WMPO staff in existing conditions review/data analysis through GIS support for transportation plan and transportation project development.
- Education: Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Geography, Civil Engineering, Architecture, Planning, Public Administration, or another closely related field of study.
- Experience: Minimum one year of professional experience in relational database administration, statistical analysis, and/or Geographic Information Systems.
Other Requirements: Valid Driver's License
Note: Driving history check required for the selected candidate. Selected candidate will also be required to complete a post-offer drug screen.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products, Adobe Suite products, and ESRI Suite products such as ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Online.
- Working knowledge of application development methods and techniques.
- Excellent organization, time management, problem solving and planning skills.
- Ability to cooperate, build consensus and compromise where necessary.
- Strong customer service skills and ability to communicate concisely and clearly, both orally and in writing, including the ability to effectively convey technical information to non-technical audiences.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.