Samaritan's Purse (SP) is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
We have an incredible opportunity for an experienced GIS Analyst on one of our OCC (Operation Christmas Child) teams. This GIS Analyst will manage geographic analysis of all areas of Operation Christmas Child both domestically and internationally, including acquisition and preparation of data from various sources both within and outside the ministry. This position places its primary focus on annual shoe box growth and volunteer growth strategies; analysis of key dashboard markers; assessment of ministry effectiveness; continued evaluation of high potential areas for shoe box growth; and production and maintenance of OCC regional and team map series. This is an exciting opportunity for an analyst who wants to use their skills and abilities in a Christian Global Organization, impacting millions everyday! If you are searching more than just a job, but a Career with a lasting impact, come see how we accomplish that!
- Maintain a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Two or more years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in GIS, Information Technology, Enterprise Geodatabase (SDE), ArcGIS Server, and/or ArcGIS Enterprise.
- Must have knowledge of core GIS principles and practices, concepts including cartography, coordinate systems, data-entry/geocoding, spatial analysis, geoprocessing, and publishing map
- Manage and prepare all geographic information systems data for use by OCC and associated support areas of the ministry.
- Conduct routine geographic analysis of OCC USA and OCC USA International data, including key dashboard markers.
- Annually update key map series and visual aids.
- Manage and maintain GIS Portal (a tool created for Connect Volunteers that allows the volunteers use web mapping technology). Analyze respective areas through the review of dashboard markers and form strategy for annual growth goals.
- Manage OCC Collection Center and Relay Center data to identify collection network strengths and weaknesses and enable affective ministry planning for Regional Office and Connect Volunteers.
- Analyze data to improve efficiency of resources, convenience of drop-off for donors, and future growth strategy.
- Analyze OCC shoebox collection data to identify relationships between material orders, promotional campaigns and the existing collection network.
- Integrate ancillary data – including evangelical population with OCC dashboard markers – to target future growth areas.
- Liaise with Samaritan’s Purse Information Systems Department staff to facilitate generation of all Select Requests for SP data to be used in GIS.
- Manage all data related to Volunteer Relations and OCC Volunteer Area Team and Regional geographies.
- Support Church Relations in development and maintenance of Annual Church List and
- Affirmation and Participation Campaigns.
- Support OCC International in managing National Leadership Teams and Regional Leadership
- Teams and their respective geographies for tracking of evangelical events, The Greatest Journey execution, and future growth strategy.
- Identify new ways to use existing OCC data for spatial analysis, trend observation, and growth strategy for marketing/branding, volunteer relations, operations, promotions, international field ministry and more.
- Work with VMS and Tableau as related to processing and scheduling volunteers – primarily during November and December OCC.
- Possibly serve in supervisory capacity during this time period at an OCC Processing Center, perhaps requiring temporary relocation.
- Assist in strategy planning for placing annual OCC events such as Connect Conferences, press events, and more.
- Follow policies and procedures of Samaritan’s Purse as set forth in the Policy Manual.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participates in prayer support for the ministry, donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Career with Impact!
- Faithfully upholds the ministry in prayer.
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Consistently participates in daily staff devotions.
- Demonstrate behavior aligned with SP’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Hallmarks, policies, and expectations.
- Effectively represents Jesus Christ to those within both personal and professional spheres of influence.
- Design and Implement Continuous Integration workflows for Infrastructure.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public
- Career with Purpose!
- Great Work Life Balance
- Industry Leading Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- High matching 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Staff discounts at retail stores and service providers in the Boone area and nationwide
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.