Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains and administers various GIS systems.
- Gathers GIS data from public or private entities as it relates to ongoing solar development and new project areas.
- Maintains GIS databases for individual projects in an organized manner according to current data standards, industry methods, and geospatial best practice.
- Prepares GIS layers, applications, and data sets for various departments, both internal and external.
- Verifies legal deed descriptions and confirms the placement of property lines.
- Analyzes various GIS and mapping needs within the solar development team to determine issues and adapts GIS applications as required to support solar development team needs.
- Maintains databases and ensures the databases are current and accurate.
- Prints maps and map books following standard formats.
- Develops maps, both hard copy and ArcGIS Online, according to solar project management and GIS management project needs. Uses cartographic standards, particularly with hard copy maps, i.e. waterways, land mass, and wetlands.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of ESRI’s ArcGIS Desktop 10x, ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Online.
- Demonstrates a keen understanding of spatial data and algorithms.
- Efficient and accurate data entry.
- Understands data conversion and importation methods: digitization and transforming projections from paper maps or older software.
- Ability to create and edit metadata.
- Possesses the ability to build models to create an efficient workflow.
- Demonstrates a vast knowledge of cartography with an eye for aesthetically pleasing design.
- Experience finding appropriate GIS data through multiple sources and data creation.
- Working knowledge of programming languages, such as Python, are a plus.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in geography, computer science, surveying and engineering, forestry or earth science or relevant experience. Minimum 2 years of GIS related experience.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.