The City of Fayetteville's Information Technology Department is currently recruiting for a GIS Analyst to plan, research, analyze, and develop Enterprise Geographical Information System (GIS) solutions. Perform complex and challenging technical duties in the daily operation of the Enterprise GIS and apply GIS capabilities to City-Wide and departmental needs; develop, implement, and maintain critical database information to ensure accuracy and reliability of data; develop basic to complex programming solutions utilizing GIS existing tools; conduct staff/user education and training in application and software system procedures; develop work plans to execute prioritized and approved GIS projects assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Daily operation of GIS software and hardware to apply GIS capabilities to departmental needs.
- Provide daily updates of spatial datasets through spatial data creation and/or acquiring and incorporating information from outside sources.
- Develop plans and procedures for effective integration and/or transfer of GIS data from various sources into the Enterprise ArcSDE geodatabase.
- Analyze end-user needs, conduct GIS analysis, develop GIS plans as needed, and GIS web applications to support end-users.
- Provide technical assistance to end-users on GIS issues as well as provide GIS support and training.
- Create, develop, and present processes, maps, charts and reports of data displayed by geographical region for analysis and presentation to the public and City staff, and generate statistical analysis on complex data provided by the departments.
- Design new GIS analysis methodologies, applications, and strategies. Update and maintain
- Enterprise GIS database to include base mapping data.
- Interpret aerial photographs and satellite data to prepare new GIS data sets.
- Assist in drafting, evaluating, and implementing technical standards, geographic database specifications, and standard map conventions.
- Participate in and assist with the planning, development, implementation, and training of automated applications in an effort to align information technology solutions with customer business requirements and initiatives.
- Maintain accurate documentation and inventory of all GIS software, hardware, and data.
- Assist with the coordination and management of all aspects of GIS implementation.
- Use Global Position System (GPS), wireless GIS systems, and site/field visits to collect and verify the accuracy of GIS data.
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols and standards as part of the development of the GIS infrastructure.
- Install, review, and test GIS software. If needed, modify software programs including coding, testing and documentation for use with multi-application and multi-user database systems.
- For a complete job description, click here.
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Two years of GIS related work experience.
Equivalent to an Associate's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in GIS, geography, or a related field.
LICENSING & CERTIFICATIONS:
Certified Geographic Information Systems Professional (GISP) or Academic Geospatial Information Science and Technology Certificate.
From the time of closing, the hiring process is anticipated to last approximately 2 - 4 weeks. The process will consist of a panel interview with the selected candidate being subject to a pre-employment drug screen, background check and driving history check.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.