Quantum Spatial is actively recruiting a GIS Analyst who possesses sound expertise in geospatial technologies and analytic methodologies. The position will be located in the Quantum Spatial St. Petersburg, FL Office. The Analyst must be self-motivated with exceptional planning, critical thinking, analytical skills and have the ability to travel to client locations. This is a contract specific position.
- Digitizes information and creates, maintains, updates, queries and views GIS data to provide easier access and retrieval of processed information on multiple databases to support valid statistical analysis and accurate map, plat and schematic making utilizing methodologies such as trace digitizing, coordinate geometry (COGO), surveyor notations and graphic input in digital formats and legal descriptions.
- Travels to client facilities to conduct ground survey of utility assets
- Develops GIS data layers and databases utilizing coordinate geometry and graphics to correspond with the information on design drawings, maps, plans and reports and prepares and maintains metadata for specific spatial data layers and databases.
- Converts hardcopy-engineering as-built drawings into electronic formats.
- Compares field and office mapping to resolve incongruous information issues, and may utilize
- Global Positioning System (GPS) or wireless GIS systems to collect or verify the accuracy of the GIS data.
- Enters delineated map and descriptive information into the GIS through digitizing, key entry or other standard map data entry procedures
- Import GIS and CADD data and developing, analyzing, manipulating, extracting and importing of data to meet customer requirements.
- Digitizes data and/or utilizes GIS/GPS processes to develop spatial data of underground utilities
- Performs quality assurance/quality control methods to ensure a high degree of data consistency, integrity, and accuracy.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
- Degree Requirements: Associates degree from an accredited college or university with major work in physical or natural science, geography, engineering, planning, computer science or a related field
- 1 year of experience using GIS and CADD data
- Ability to Travel 6-8 weeks of the year
- Experience using GPS equipment
- Ability to interpret engineering/utility as-built drawings
- U.S. Citizenship required to comply with government contract
- Must possess or have the ability to attain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Bachelor’s in Geography, GIS or related field preferred
- GPR Experience
- Experience w/ Army IGI&S
- Sound technical understanding of key technologies (GIS, CAD, Database) and systems.
- Experience with mapping underground utilities preferred
Resumes will be accepted until all positions are filled. Immediate submissions are welcome and will be reviewed promptly. All job offers with Quantum Spatial are contingent upon passing a background check and drug screening.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.