A pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960s, TRC is a global consulting, engineering and construction management firm that provides technology-enabled solutions to the power, oil and gas, environmental and infrastructure markets. We serve a broad range of public and private clients, steering complex projects from concept to completion to help solve the toughest challenges.
TRC has more than 4,000 employees located in 120 offices throughout the United States, the UK and China. TRC is ranked #19 on ENR's list of the Top 500 Design Firms in the United States.
TRC is soliciting applications from highly motivated, qualified individuals to fill a GIS Analyst position in our Lakewood, Colorado Office.
TRC is seeking a dynamic, highly motivated GIS Analyst to provide technical support for clients, and fellow TRC staff. The GIS Analyst must have a minimum of 2 years of experience applying GIS technology to answer questions and solve problems. The GIS Analyst must have excellent communication and organizational skills to work as member of a larger GIS team to complete project tasks. The GIS Analyst collaborates with project managers, clients, and GIS staff to ensure that quality and timely GIS support is provided on all projects.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- General geographic data creation, data editing, and analysis
- Production of figures for agency permitting resource reports
- Desktop analysis of environmental constraints data such as soils, hydrologic features, land cover, public lands, etc. for planning field surveys or agency application submittals
- Evaluation of natural resource impacts of a proposed project
- Query geographic data for information to be used in reports/proposals
- Work interactively with data from CAD platforms
- Collaborate with other TRC staff to improve project methodologies and deliverables
Core Competencies Required:
- Accountability: Holds responsibility for work performed including, actions, decisions, and outcomes. Demonstrates a high level of dependability in fulfilling commitments to co-workers and clients. Takes personal responsibility for seeing efforts through to completion decisions and actions.
- Planning & Decision Making: Sets appropriate priorities and effectively manages resource requirements (time, talent, budget, materials). Solves problems and makes sound and timely decisions based on analysis, experience, and good judgment. Makes decisions that support the success of others.
- Teamwork & Communication: Shows ability to actively listen and seeks to understand the viewpoints of others. Keeps others appropriately informed in a timely manner. Demonstrates effective written and verbal communication skills. Communicates clearly, concisely, and with candor.
GIS Competencies Required:
- Data Entry/Conversion: Able to convert data from multiple sources and formats (CAD, GIS, GPS, text, etc.) to a common format or common schema. Able to enter data into a database successfully with minimal errors. This includes editing said data as needs arise.
Cartography and Graphic Design: Able to express graphically, usually through maps, the features within a GIS.
- Basic GIS Analysis: Able to utilize GIS applications to examine the locations, attributes, and relationships of features in spatial data through overlay and other analytical techniques to address a question or gain useful knowledge.
GPS Device/Applications: Able to configure and troubleshoot various GPS devices and mobile data collection applications.
Desired GIS Competencies
- Web Applications/Services: Able to create map services and interactive web applications.
Geodatabase Development & Design / Data Models: Able to utilize GIS applications to build a GIS, i.e. data mining, geodatabase design, data conversion, etc. Able to define data requirements needed to support business processes within the scope of corresponding information systems in organizations.
- Advanced GIS Analysis/Model Building/Visual Simulations: Able to utilize GIS applications to perform advanced spatial analysis or data conversion or manipulation. i.e. raster/surface manipulation, mosaic, modify and repurpose imagery for other software. Able to use applications and scripts to create automated geoprocessing workflows. Able to perform Visual Simulations, Renderings, Visual Impact Analysis using industry standard applications.
- Application of GIS/Problem Solving: Able to translate client needs to solutions using GIS technology. Able to identify the best tool for the job based on experience and knowledge of what is possible.
Travel and Workplace
The majority of the work will be performed out of our Lakewood, CO office and will require occasional travel for staff evaluations or travel to other locations for customer visits or training.
- Bachelor's degree in Geographic Information Systems, Geography, Computer Science, or other related discipline.
- A minimum of 2 years GIS or related work experience.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.