Midco has been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of telecommunications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco proudly serves more than 385,000 residential and business customers in 342 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
Oversee and perform specialized data reconciliation utilizing GIS software and other technologies to support Construction projects. Integrate data using GIS based mapping tools.
· Provide advanced level support of GIS applications, and build and maintain GIS related databases.
· Analyze mapping relationships using a data base view (geodatabase), map view (feature relationships) and a model view (geo processing functions).
· Edit, manipulate, and maintain geographic data using custom and third party software.
· Use GIS software and web based GIS products in innovative ways to accurately analyze GIS data.
· Successfully apply GIS principles and methodologies, CAD and design software, and Google Earth Applications.
· Efficiently manage all company resources related to Corporate Construction and regional projects.
· Supervise and coordinate the assignment of activities and workflow to the appropriate personnel.
· Maintain computer database records for data files and GIS layer information.
· Possess an advanced understanding of GIS concepts and terms in order to communicate with non-GIS trained personnel.
· Possess an in-depth working knowledge of RF, fiber, HFC satellite video transport and network systems.
· Collect and enter raw data into the GIS software.
· Support new services and technologies using GIS based software applications (ESRI, ArcGIS, AutoCAD).
· Generate presentation quality maps using ESRI and ArcGIS.
· Identify and compile database information to create maps. Appropriately select cartographic elements for effective and accurate presentation of information.
· Integrate GIS to support advanced business services by providing detailed visual presentation maps.
· Perform quality assurance to ensure continuity of materials.
· Participate in all phases of a project’s life-cycle. Document project activity, communication, schedules and progress.
· Support ongoing data development and special analysis for telecommunication projects.
· Provide weekly, monthly and annual reports.
· Manage project design schedules, meetings and resources.
· Travel to locations across Midcontinent’s service footprint to participate in Construction projects.
· Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
· Adhere to Midcontinent Communications privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
· Maintain regular attendance and to arrive to work on time.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Effectively communicate with other departments to handle escalating issues in a timely manner.
· Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
· Support the mission, vision, and values of Midcontinent Communications.
· Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
· Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
· Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment.
· Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
· Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
· Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions.
· Actively follow Midcontinent policies and procedures.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• Degree or certificate program in GIS technologies or equivalent experience required.
• Minimum of three years experience in the GIS field is required.
• Experience in the broadband field with exposure to project development and management preferred.
• Experience in scripting languages preferred (Python, VBA, etc.).
• Experience and expertise with ESRI and ArcGIS software solutions and applications.
• Experience with GPS or GPS/GIS data collection, GIS principles and methodologies, CAD and design software, and Google Earth Applications and features.
• Be available to travel to locations across Midcontinent’s service footprint.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry loads of up to 75 lbs.
• The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
• While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions and may occasionally be exposed to moving mechanical parts, high, precarious places, risk of electrical shock, and risk of radiation and vibration.
• Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by law.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.