Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently seeking a Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Analyst to join our team in the Denver, CO office. We are looking for someone who is genuinely excited and enthusiastic about learning and pushing technical limits and finding new solutions for our engineering (technology) related projects. Experience in FEMA’s RiskMAP program and Federal data standards is required. We are also looking for experience with ArcGIS Online, scripting/programming, spatial analytics and data standardization.
- Will create high quality maps, GIS analysis and data for reports to support a variety of
- Engineering and Homeland Security and Emergency Management projects including: FEMA floodplain mapping, dam breach analysis, remote sensing, hydrogeologic cross section development, etc.
- Will perform both geographic and non-geographic data manipulation, management and analysis, cartography, and develop/use automated GIS processes using a variety of software environments.
- Will work on multiple projects simultaneously, with a commitment to keeping projects on time and within budget.
- Will work in a production-oriented environment as part of a team.
- Revise existing GIS layers and create new layers following established standards and procedures.
- Correct geospatial location of features based on aerial photography or topography.
- Prepare technical documentation of project requirements, procedures, execution and implementation plans.
- Will create high quality maps, GIS analysis and data for reports to support a variety of Engineering and Homeland Security and Emergency Management projects including: FEMA floodplain mapping, dam breach analysis, levee certifications, municipal stormwater, remote sensing, hazard mitigation plans and others using ESRI suite of products.
- Maintain metadata and best practices to support systems and data.
Skills / Qualifications
- BS degree in GIS, Geography, Environmental Science, Computer Science or related degree.
- 1 year of experience with the FEMA RiskMAP program is required.
- ESRI's ArcGIS Desktop v10x (ArcMap, ArcCatalog)
- Familiarity in Microsoft Office software.
- Database development and management familiarity.
- Must possess good organizational and oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent analytical / problem-solving skills.
- Attention to details and familiarity with QA/QC and data analysis.
- Must pass drug screen and background check.
- 1 – 6 years + experience with the FEMA RiskMAP program.
- Basic Familiarity with programming languages (Python / Visual Basic / C++)
- Experience of processing LiDAR a plus.
- Working knowledge of FEMA HAZUS program a plus.
- Experience with CAD platforms and data exchange between CAD/GIS environments a plus.
- Familiarity with development of applications for data collection using laptops, smartphones and tablets
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.