The purpose of this job is to provide a variety of GIS and system administrative support tasks related to creating and maintaining the Duval County Property Appraiser enterprise GIS.
Examples of Work:
- Collects and processes digital data for GIS products.
- Provides technical assistance to system users and resolves related problems.
- Advises and trains system users on GIS methods and techniques.
- Devises methods and procedures for analysis of data to resolve customer requests.
- Coordinates with other on GIS projects.
- Review, create and maintain metadata to specifications for datasets and services.
- Interpret and analyze aerial photography.
- Perform related work as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of technical problem solving skills related to Geospatial software.
- Knowledge of concepts and principles of geospatial data management.
- Knowledge of concepts and principles of geospatial analysis.
- Knowledge of using SQL server in conjunction with Enterprise Geospatial database.
- Knowledge of publishing geospatial data using ArcGIS Server.
- Knowledge of web services and web applications.
- Knowledge of ArcGIS Online for Organizations.
- Ability to gather, analyze and interpret facts and arrive at sound and logical conclusions and recommendations.
- Knowledge of installing and configuring ArcGIS client software and apps.
- Knowledge, understanding and utilization of ESRI's desktop tools including ArcGIS desktop and geoprocessing extensions.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability and willingness to learn new concepts and collaborate with teammates.
- Ability to communicate technical information to technical experts and system users alike.
- Ability to work with projects of varying timelines.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.