TRC is seeking a GIS Analyst. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to work with a team of professionals who provide engineering and environmental consulting expertise to a variety of clients in the areas of natural resources, energy, transportation, and environmental impact assessment. TRC utilizes a variety of GIS technologies, most prominently traditional GIS software packages from ESRI. In addition to industry standard technology, TRC is dedicated to developing software as course of executing work.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate and work with clients, project managers, members of project teams, and other GIS staff.
- Working knowledge of PODS and other industry standard data models
- Ability to convert and integrate data from CAD platforms into GIS, interpret engineering data, and communicate effectively with engineers
- Ability to produce engineering mapping products; creation, conversion, revision and management of data. Frim understanding of linear referencing and GIS pipeline data management
- Experience with mobile data collection apps
- Accurately generate and provide calculations on geospatial and tabular data
- Proficiency using the ArcGIS Desktop suite of products (ArcMap, ArcCatalog, and ArcToolbox).
- Query geographic data for information to be used in reports/proposals
- Able to use query language to manipulate and analyze data
- Proficient data management and cartographic skills and techniques, with attention to detail and personal quality control for drafts and deliverables.
- Knowledge and operation of GPS units (Trimble), including data capture and integration
- Awareness of land surveying techniques, legal descriptions and land acquisition activities
- Ability to multi-task, work under tight deadlines, produce quality deliverables to client or industry specifications.
- Good organizational and time management skills are essential to complete the responsibilities of providing support for concurrent projects.
- Comfortable working both directly with clients and providing long-distance support
- Proficient in MS Office Applications (Word, Power Point, Outlook, Excel).
- Python Programming
- AutoCAD Map3D/Civil3D
- As-Built Pipeline Survey
- Bachelor's degree in Geographic Information Systems, Geography, Computer Science related discipline or a minimum of 7 years GIS experience.
- Highly proficient with GIS industry software; ArcSDE, ArcDesktop Suite and extensions ArcGIS Server. AutoCAD a plus.
- Extensive experience with database implementation and management of ArcSDE
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.