As a member of the Professional Services Team, the GIS Analyst will process geospatial data captured by commercial drones and produce data products within required time-frames as well as perform quality-checks on jobs. Additionally, the GIS Analyst will be responsible for identifying new tools, techniques, and processes to transform geospatial information in order to improve and streamline our workflows.
- Produce geospatial data products from imagery collected with commercial drones.
- Perform data accuracy assessments.
- Digitize features from various data sources (3D point clouds, slope maps, ortho-imagery)
- Ensure accuracy of digitized features and measurements.
- Ensure delivery within scheduled time-frames.
- Generate reports.
- Perform quality checks.
- Provide feedback on workflow processes for improvements.
- Document procedures.
- Transform datasets between coordinate systems and/or datums.
- Extract building model information from 3D point cloud and create 3D CAD model.
- Produce a report containing building information that include building footprint, roof geometries and measurements such as area, pitch, etc.
- QC generated reports.
- Digitize construction related features from aerial imagery.
- Perform geo-referencing of aerial imagery data.
- Perform accuracy assessment of UAS acquired aerial imagery.
- Understanding of accuracy assessment of remote sensing data.
- Proficiency in digitization/feature extraction from remote sensing data.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Understanding of coordinate systems/datums
- Experience with CAD software to create 3D drawings (AutoCAD)
- Experience with GIS software such as ESRI ArcGIS, ERDAS Imagine, QGIS.
- Experience with GPS data collection, Photogrammetry, Python scripting, FME and commercial UAVs a plus
- Methodical and consistent in following the data production workflow and producing quality output
- Flexibility in adapting to new workflows/process improvements.
Education and Experience
- BS or higher in Geography, GIS, Remote Sensing or a related field
- At least 1 year of professional experience
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.