The focus of this position is to design, develop, and implement GIS data workflows for LP pipeline assets. The position will support the LP pipeline data model through data entry, data maintenance, and data quality control – through single events and bulk loading. The position is responsible for collaborative efforts with IT for pipeline asset data consumption, including WMS and WFS. This position will be responsible for designing and publishing web maps for desktop and mobile devices for stakeholders.
- Manage pipeline asset data within Enbridge LP pipeline data model (PODS 6.0) for all LP assets.
- Support spatialization of MS SQL Server data using ESRI’s ArcSDE.
- Create additional sde instances for LP stakeholders when needed.
- Responsible for quality control (QC) and management of change (MOC) processes for pipeline asset data.
- Maintain and publish pipeline database schema for project integration to improve and streamline project data collection
- Develop workflows to extract and integrate data to populate LP pipeline database.
- Drive continuous improvements for data, applications, and systems for LP GIS.
- Maintain pipeline linear referencing systems both engineering and continuous.
- Derive and maintain linear referencing event tables as needed by LP GIS and stakeholders.
- Create WMS and WFS for data consumption to approved stakeholders
- Design and maintain web viewer/portals using ESRI’s ArcServer and/or Portal for GIS
- Generate maps singularly and also as series maps to publish the LP pipeline assets
- Collaborate with stakeholders on interoperability between LP pipeline database and other Enbridge systems
- Design and implement processes within the constraints of Enbridge IT protocols as well as standard industry best practices
- Perform data analysis as needed by the LP stakeholders.
- Generate alignment style sheets using either GIS or CAD technology.
- Bachelor’s degree in GIS, Geography, Computer Science, Statistics or a related field
- 3-5 years of experience in a GIS analyst, data modeling, or developer position in an enterprise environment using the ESRI software suite (ArcMap, ArcServer, ArcSDE, ArcGIS online)
- At least 2 years of experience in the pipeline or transmission industry
- At least 1 year of database management experience using MS SQL Server and ArcSDE
- Experience with the design, creation, and management of GIS web viewers using ArcServer and/or Portal for GIS
- Understanding of the PODS data model (version 4.1 or higher)
- Experience with data entry and bulk table loading either directly into an rdms or with VAR tools
- Experience with automated alignment sheet generation in GIS or CAD
- Preferred experience with BSD Skyline software
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve in GIS and database environments
- Knowledge of the pipeline industry’s best practices for GIS and database development
- Ability to work well independently and also in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.