The GIS Analyst analyzes data using appropriate geospatial methods, applies geodatabase design, creates and manages mapping applications to support organizational or community needs.
Maintains the county's 911 GIS Addressing database and the MSAG database. The Coordinator's duties include assigning all new addresses within the county jurisdiction, GIS point-gathering, maintain database and mapping activities. Work with other cities and county agencies to maintain and resolve address problems within the county. Act as a single point of contact with North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) on all 911 Addressing related questions.
Maintains the address database for the county's 911 SunGard Public Safety Software System. This system is shared by multiple Johnson County agencies with strict established protocols and standards.
Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree in GIS, Geography, Computer Science or related field required; or an equivalent combination of education and related experience required.
- Must not have any Class B misdemeanor or higher convictions or deferred adjudications.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist with the management of 911 databases in regards to land management and addressing.
- Create map output utilizing ArcGIS software from data sets contained in the GIS database.
- Perform other GIS related assignments as assigned
- Responds to and appropriately refers incoming telephone calls, request, and complaints in order to ensure timely resolution of issues in a courteous and professional manner.
- Synthesizes and/or analyzes geographic data in an effort to assist internal and external customers.
- Creates and maintains standard operating procedures for the office.
Valid Texas Driver’s License
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be familiar with office software, with an emphasis on the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Access and Outlook. Must show ability to ability to learn other software packages. Must have accurate, efficient keyboarding skills. Must have experience using various office machines, including multiple line telephone, fax machine, copier/scanner, and personal computer.
- Interpersonal Confidence – Must possess strong interpersonal skills, be able to effectively communicate, both orally and written, and relate to all levels within and outside the organization
- Adaptability – Responds quickly and effectively to changing circumstances
- Must have ability to make decisions; compile and compose reports, maintain confidentiality, organize workload, understand/follow instructions.
- Must possess ability to work independently or as a team.
- Must be detail oriented
- Must be able to turn and sit up to 8-hours daily; walk and stand up to 8-hours daily; lift and carry up to 30-pounds.
- May be required to assist with events that occur outdoors and/or in event centers.
- May be required to work weekends and evenings.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.