Responsible for maintaining and advancing OTEC’s ESRI based Geographic Information System
(GIS) mapping, geometric network and asset inventory systems, as well as support to Supervisory
Controlled and Data Acquisition (SCADA), Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) and other
• May supervise direct reports; including identifying training needs, completing performance evaluations, and assigning and coordinating work
• Provide assistance to all internal and external members by answering questions related to GIS products, services and information.
• Performs design and updates to the Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) and Distribution Automation (DA) systems including but not limited to graphic design, point mapping, communications trouble shooting, and the design, verification and commissioning of new and existing controls on the system.
• Meter Data Management, AMI, and load forecasting / profiling.
• Maintain an understanding of and support of other utility applications including but not limited to OMS, GIS and CIS applications.
• Contribute to an economical and efficient distribution system by maintaining an AM/FM mapping system identifying the location of all electrical plant as well as linked database information detailing this plant.
• Contribute to the efficient operation and decision-making process by integrating Right of Way information into the existing geographic information systems used for system analysis, membership trends, demographic information and other informational needs of the Cooperative.
• Create reports based on GIS and other data.
• Continue GIS development to aid all business processes and decision making.
• Participation in cooperative strategy and initiatives.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Four years of professional work experience including automated mapping, database analysis or design, programming, testing, project management, Arc Server and Arc SDE administration, Geometric networks and implementing GIS software applications
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
• Experience in engineering, or related electric utility distribution preferred
• Supervisory experience preferred
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license
• Skilled with ESRI’s ArcGIS software suite, specifically versions 10.1 and later.
• Ability to provide documentation for both geo-processing history and attribute definition.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Visual basic or Python programming languages, Access and SQL databases.
• Strong skills in the areas of communication, evaluation, mathematics, and use of computer programs.
• Knowledge and use of survey equipment including but not limited to transit, range rods and distance wheels.
• Ability to apply OTEC line extension policies and procedures to all projects.
• Knowledge of the NESC code to maintain a safe working electrical system.
• Skill to prioritize multiple projects by utilizing strong organizational and time management skills to complete work in an efficient manner.
• Ability to manage multiple projects with varying scopes and timelines.
• Ability to operate 4-wheel drive and all-terrain vehicles to gain access to remote, mountainous and rural areas.
• Ability to lift up to 35 pounds.
• Takes initiative, self-motivated
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.