PURPOSE OF THE CLASSIFICATION: Under general direction performs geo-database design and
analysis using multiple data sources and use of Geographic Information Systems (GIS and provides
training and support for GIS users and performs other related assigned duties.
• Analyzes and maintains the enterprise-wide GIS applications, providing quality assurance for all
• Performs research of City, county and sources of records for information to revise and update GIS
• Assists with researching requirements for installs, upgrades or patches to GIS
• Performs complex spatial analysis and database queries
• Develops adhoc and production maps considered to be advanced in nature utilizing high level
• Provides training and support for City users, including conducting in-house training classes
• Assists in the preparation of technical reports and forms
• Assists in the coordination of system design and implementation
• Must report to work on a regular and timely basis
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Training and Experience: Graduation from an accredited college or university with an associate's degree in computer science, GIS, geography, geology or sixty (60) college hours; and five (5) years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience, per Personnel Policies and Procedures, Section 128.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
Considerable knowledge of enterprise GIS architecture, design, and implementation; considerable understanding and knowledge of methods and techniques used in systems analysis and design; considerable knowledge of GIS software and analytical solutions, processes, and enterprise geodatabase creation/editing/maintenance; knowledge of implementing and integrating GIS servers, including developing mapping services; and some knowledge of spatial programming languages.
Ability to work independently and to recognize, analyze and solve complex spatial problems; ability to digitize and georeference a paper map or plat; ability to analyze issues and to formulate sound concepts; ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
Physical Requirements: Physical requirements include arm and hand steadiness and finger dexterity nough to use a keyboard and telephone; occasional lifting up to 50 pounds; occasional carrying up to 20 pounds; may be subject to walking or sitting for extended periods of time, standing, reaching, handling, twisting and climbing; and vision, speech and hearing sufficient to perform the essential tasks.
Licenses and Certificates: Some positions may require possession of a valid Oklahoma Class “D”
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Working conditions are primarily indoors in an office environment and may require some travel to local and regional locations to provide computer-related assistance and provide oncall after hours support for production systems.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.