Do you have technical proficiency utilizing GIS and other Systems for data analysis? Do you often think strategically and enjoy solving conflicts? If so, this role is for you! In this role you will be responsible for supporting various stakeholders within the organization utilizing GIS technology through spatial analysis and web viewer creation and support.
Here’s what you will do:
Perform a variety of technical and support functions relating to the day-to-day maintenance of Enbridge’s enterprise GIS.
- Apply strong conceptual and practical understanding of spatial and pipeline database design, including relational database design and spatial data integration, data automation procedures, including vector and raster data automation techniques, data standards and quality assurance procedures.
- Liaise with other departments and field operations personnel, providing GIS-related technical and tactical support as needed.
- Responsible for preparing, reviewing and completing state and federal regulatory mandated data submissions.
- Apply expert analysis skills using sophisticated GIS software and related products such as advanced spatial and data analysis tools, raster image transformation, thematic mapping and trend analysis in project and operational environments.
- Responsible for drafting a variety of technical documents, including standard operating procedures, requests for bid, and others as required.
- Define and manage business usage requirements of current GIS application (ArcGIS) using knowledge and experience with pipeline as-built process.
- Participate and lead business process improvement efforts as they relate to the development of GIS applications and services.
- Coordinate activities and develop wireframes and other visual representations of projects and processes that communicate and execute objectives relating to the overall GIS Vision and Strategy.
Who you are:
- A bachelor’s Degree in Geography or related field OR GISP certification.
- 2+ years relevant GIS experience with a pipeline company, which includes as-builts.
- In-depth knowledge of GIS suite of products from Esri.
- Pipeline Industry experience with a detailed understanding of linear referencing.
- Extensive knowledge of general maps, U.S.G.S. quadrangle maps, aerial photography, satellite imagery, and lidar.
- Technical competence utilizing GIS for data and spatial analysis as well as be able to think strategically and resolve analytical and technical conflicts.
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and written and oral communication skills.
- Strong customer service focus and the ability to foster effective working relationships.
Proficiency in Python for automating geoprocesses and crafting standardized maps.
The following are considered assets:
- Knowledge of supplemental GIS software tools such as: Garmin’sStreet Atlas, X MapGIS Editor, New Century Sheet Cutter.
- Some experience in Management of Change or business process improvement is desired.
- Strong skills in using: Word, Excel, Access, Microstation, AutoCAD, and latest Windows Operating System.
Physical Requirements include but are not limited to:
Grasping, kneeling, light – moderate lifting (objects up to 20 pounds), reaching above shoulder, repetitive motion, typing, sitting, standing, visual requirement (able to see screens, detect color coding, read fine print), hearing requirement and the ability to sit at a computer for long periods of time.
Mental Requirements (Both Field & Office) include but are not limited to:
Ability to: understand, remember and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information, understand complex problems and collaborate/explore alternative solutions, organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology, coordinate and prioritize work schedule on a short-term basis, make decisions which have moderate impact on the immediate work unit and monitor impact outside this area, understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines, complete routine forms, compose letters, outlines, memoranda and basic reports and communicate with individuals via telephone.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.