Dycom Industries, Inc. is a leading provider of specialty contracting services to the telecommunications and infrastructure industry. These services, which are provided throughout the United States, include engineering, construction, maintenance and installation services to telecommunications providers, underground facility locating services to various utilities and telecommunications providers. Dycom’s corporate environment is constantly changing, growing to meet the needs of our subsidiary companies and their customers.
This role will be responsible for creating, maintaining and updating GIS databases pertaining to Telecommunications infrastructure. This role will also provide support to other GIS Analysts within DYCOM and/or its subsidiaries and develop models required to analyze
- Develops and implements standards for data input and maintenance, map production, field data collection, and metadata creation
- Provides modeling support for DYCOM Subsidiary GIS Analyst teams.
- Develops spatial and network topology models for analyzing communications networks.
- Assists with the development of GIS applications and models that enable spatial data analysis and queries, and develops tools and programs to automate routine GIS related tasks
- Creates, maintains and updates spatial and tabular data associated with DYCOM or Subsidiary GIS databases using ESRI ArcGIS Desktop 10.x software
- Updates and creates GIS maps telecom infrastructure, including water and wastewater lines, fire hydrants, water and sewer valves, sewer manholes and other similar facilities
- Provides support with Global Positioning System (GPS) equipment, ESRI ArcPad GPS software and 3GIS Mobile to collect, edit and update geographic coordinates and attributes
- Collects data from a variety of public and private sources
- Maintains awareness of project status; prepares and submits status reports
- Performs intermediate to advanced GIS analysis functions, and creates maps and reports to communicate results
- Prepares and interprets electronic and hard copy drawings, surveys, field notes, source documents, and other spatial data for GIS conversion
- Performs quality control of all data, which includes spatial alignment, attribute checks, topology validation, and other quality control measures to ensure accuracy
- Documents work and creates metadata
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in geology, engineering, computer science, or earth science.
- Also considering candidates with Bachelor’s Degree in another field, but with an Associate’s
- Degree in GIS.
- Experience with GIS based mapping systems
- Preferred 3-GIS
- Experience with GIS modeling, including but not limited to Python and/or SQL.
- Preferred FME
- Experience with aerial and underground telecommunications infrastructure
- Knowledge of technical standards for the design of outside plant networks
- Fiber optics, Fiber to the Home and Fiber to the Building system design experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.