Managed Business Solutions is seeking a GIS Analyst II to support geospatial analysis and surveying services, with an emphasis in land title mapping to join our Program Team with the U.S. Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) Office of Trust Services Division of Land Title Realty Office (DLTRO) located in Lakewood, CO. This is a full-time/salaried and benefited opening slated to start as soon as possible.
Local candidates only - no relocation assistance is available for this opening. No third parties or agencies, please.
- Work with the team located in Lakewood, CO
- Will work with a team for QA/QC of data
- Will help to support the DLTRO’s efforts
- The position will communicate directly with internal Bureau professionals on a day-to-day basis
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant geospatial experience
- Specialized Experience: 3 years of experience using ArcGIS and or related tools for data analysis, cartography, and modeling; and using ERDAS Imagine or comparable application for raster analysis and processing.
- Relevant experience with Python, AML, VBA, or other scripting/geospatial application development tools;
- Experience using file and enterprise geodatabase systems
- Work with lead to understand the scope, requirements and objectives for analysis of geospatial data, development of cartographic products, and automation of geospatial tasks using geospatial tools such as ESRI ArcGIS, ERDAS Imagine or similar
- Utilize ArcGIS applications and geospatial theory such as coordinate systems, projections, and modeling.
- Proficiency with Leica Geosystems (ERDAS) Imagine application and raster data processing preferred
- Must have experience with Python, AML, VBA, or other scripting/GIS application development tools.
- Bachelor’s degree required in geography, remote sensing, geospatial technology, or natural science (or A minimum of ten (10) years of relevant documented and verifiable geospatial experience).
- Experience using file and enterprise geodatabase systems preferred (Access, SQL, ArcGIS-ArcSDE, etc.)
- Basic understanding the Public Land Survey System desired
- Basic understanding of cadastral survey desired
- Basic understanding of land ownership and parcel development desired
- After the date of hire, a successfully adjudicated Moderate Risk Public Trust (SF 85) investigation will be required and will be a condition of employment
Environment (Working conditions):
This position may require the movement of up to 10 lbs. This position will be mostly stationary requiring some movement around the office and frequent communication with others. The average working hours will 8 hours per day for this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.