Freese and Nichols, Inc. is a professional consulting firm serving clients across the Southwest and Southeast United States. With sustainability in mind, Freese and Nichols plans, designs and manages facility and infrastructure projects. It is the first engineering/architecture firm to receive the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award. Fortune Magazine’s Top 100 Best Medium Workplaces – No. 19. For more information about Freese and Nichols, visit www.freese.com
FNI's Houston office is seeking an entry level GIS Analyst to join our Stormwater/Water Resource Planning groups.
· Assist with municipal water resources projects including stormwater facilities, water and sewer piping systems, water supply and storage projects, and pumping and water reuse projects. Knowledge of stormwater infrastructure including open channels, detention ponds, storm sewer systems, as well as transportation drainage facilities is a plus.
· Prepare maps conveying information from project databases, field activities, work orders, engineering analysis and project deliverables and reports. Familiarity with Data Driven Pages and Mappbook development is preferred.
· Design, maintain, and produce geographic data, maps, and graphics utilizing ESRI’s suite of GIS products for the purpose of planning and analysis work; reviews the adequacy and quality of geographic information; makes recommendations on specific types of improvements. Knowledge of ArcToolbox tools (including 3D Analyst and Spatial Analyst), Model Builder, and ArcPy scripting is a plus.
· Perform terrain processing, including working with large LiDAR, ground survey, and bathymetric elevation datasets. Familiarity with DEMs, DTMs, TIN surfaces, and LAS datasets is preferred.
· Work with the GIS Manager to maintain companywide datasets and geodatabases. Assist building and maintaining web applications and APIs, develop model builder tools to automate processes, and provide critical administrative functions for our Engineering and Operations groups.
· Perform related work in support of Engineering Department as required, including generation of graphics, figures, reports, and project documentation.
· Bachelor’s Degree in GIS, Geology, Geography, Geomatics, Engineering, or a related field.
· 0-3 years of directly related professional experience is preferred
· Requires attention to detail, minimal error rate, ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and manage multiple projects.
· General understanding and familiarity with ESRI ArcGIS v10.4 / v10.7 software
· Knowledge of FME and/or Python is a plus
Freese and Nichols is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.