KCI Technologies, Inc. is a 100% employee-owned engineering, consulting and construction firm serving clients throughout the United States. KCI is recognized as an industry leader, employing cutting-edge technologies, management practices and strategic growth initiatives. Employee ownership fosters an entrepreneurial spirit, encourages technical expertise, and shapes strategic planning.
Duties, Responsibilities & Other
- The Geospatial Solutions Practice is seeking an entry-level GIS Analyst.
- The successful candidate will have the ability to work in the ArcGIS Desktop environment including an understanding of GIS functions, editing, performing QA/QC, spatial analysis and processes. The position requires good problem solving and troubleshooting abilities along with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Preferred knowledge of data compilation techniques, QA/QC, geo-referencing and multi-user versioned geodatabases.
- Candidate may have the opportunity to collect geospatial data in the field using mobile technologies.
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Science, Geography, GIS, Computer Science, Information Technology or closely related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 0 - 2 years of experience required.
- Pre-employment drug screening is a condition of employment. Background and motor vehicle checks may be required based upon position.
- Complete Annual Individual Training Program
- Mentor and train staff
- Train adequate backup personnel to support your role in your absence
- Comply with all KCI policies and procedures
- Complete other duties as required/assigned
- Deliver presentations at user GIS conferences
- Perform RFQ and RFP searches as required
- Attend weekly(or more frequently as necessary) meetings with project team on all projects/tasks
- Communicate technical challenges to a senior program manager/program manager in a timely manner
- Complete all tasks on time and within budget while fully meeting the scope
- Devise technical approaches for data compilation procedures
- Monitor and track task progress
- Operate within specified (corporate or project) budget parameters
- Provide monthly work-hour and cost estimates to senior program manager/program manager
- Provide weekly (or more frequently as necessary) project status updates to senior program manager/program manager
- Build effective shape files and geodatabases with appropriate fields and assign domains
- Collect accurate and relevant GPS data
- Convert data for CADD as required
- Create and symbolize maps for various city, county, and state clients as assigned
- Develop or adapt GIS workflows to mitigate data issues
- Edit tabular and spatial data in versioned databases
- Perform quality control tests using topology, PLTS or other appropriate tools
KCI Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.