- 35% - GIS Tool and Data Cleaning: Run mapping tools for GIS mapping and analysis. Assist in updating and regularly run SQL/Python script to accurately map spot (clean) crash location data. Run program to perform data quality audits on location data generated by map spotting. Assist with further developing CARTS GIS roadway geodatabase and characteristics through data collection processes. Run and update tool sets to collect and clean roadway features and update for regular road updates from the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development.
- 30% - GIS-Related Projects: Perform analytical GIS mapping and cartographic map analysis displaying data as requested by various stakeholders using both manual methods and automated tool sets.
Assist with developing and exporting mapping datasets for digital and printed output formats. Create online portal for interactive GIS maps through GIS and associated software.
- 25% - System Support:Document GIS mapping analysis, analytical findings, and other GIS division projects. Work in conjunction with CARTS IT department to assist in regularly maintaining, updating script, and running map spotting and other programming created for GIS department use. Meet with stakeholders to understand issues/concerns, demonstrate tools & applications, and/or obtain user requirements.
- 10% - Miscellaneous: Perform miscellaneous tasks and special projects as directed by the GIS Manager and/or the Director of CARTS.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Years of Experience: 2 years work experience
- Specific Experience: ESRI ArcGIS and SQL/Python experience
- PROFICIENT:Prior experience with ArcGIS and ESRI data structures
- PROFICIENT:Computer skills with an ability to use Microsoft Office and software related to GIS
- PROFICIENT:Produce detailed mapping analysis using ArcGIS for presentations and research projects
- PROFICIENT:Oral and written communication skills
- BEGINNER:Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python
- BEGINNER:Knowledge of Database systems such as SQL
- PROFICIENT: Analytical skills/reasoning
Analyst - Data Processing 2
The GIS Analyst provides specialized GIS data analysis, assistance in geo-spatial location and roadway data cleaning, and technical support to CARTS. This position reports to the GIS Manager and is responsible for (1) using ArcGIS software to answer questions, identify problems, and analyze key issues, (2) assisting with scripting tool sets from documented requirements or user inputs, implement solutions, and acceptance testing, (3) producing maps displaying crash data information, and (4) meeting with users from state and local agencies to obtain system requirements and key data elements.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.