Baton Rouge Water Company, an investor owned utility and a leader in the water utility industry, serving over 180,000 customers in Baton Rouge and the surrounding areas.
Minimum qualifications for the GIS Analyst position:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in GIS, Geography, Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field, with two years working experience, or a Master’s degree in a technical field;
- Principles and practices of GIS, GPS, and cartography;
- Basic understanding of Geometric Networks and The Relational Database model;
- Strong analytical skills and high attention to detail.
- Edit GPS Data within the ArcGIS Desktop Geometric Network environment;
- Analyze spatial and technical data, designs, and preliminary specifications;
- Digitize design drawings into a water distribution GIS data model;
- Communicate and coordinate with field personnel regarding water system installation and GPS data capture.
- Adjust and operate Trimble GPS surveying instruments.
Good benefit package. Pay commensurate with experience. Please send resume to: email@example.com OR the Baton Rouge Water Company, Human Resources, P.O. Box 96016, Baton Rouge, LA 70896-9016.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.