MB&G has a need for multiple GIS analysts/programmers as well as mobile and online data management and development support staff. Work on this project would require expertise in GIS including but not limited to GIS analysis and programming, ArcGIS Online, Portal, Collector, and mobile data workflows. Work will be onsite at PG&E offices and could be based in San Ramon or Auburn, California. Work is a full-time salaried position.
- GIS analysis: Use standard ArcGIS operations and scripted processes to manipulate and analyze geospatial data to support multi-resource analysis in support of planning
- Automation via Python and SQL programming
- Construct and maintain GIS databases.
- Data intake
- Preparation of mobile data schemas
- ArcGIS Online feature service publishing, maintenance, workflow development, and data modeling/management.
- Dashboard Metrics
- Data quality control and editing
- Data analytics and reporting
- Interact and lead training with field staff and project managers
- Understand and utilize metadata to document as well as determine appropriate use of data.
- Contribute to technical reports as required
- Demonstrate GIS products and/or train others in techniques.
- Responsible for accurate and timely deliverables and documentation for all projects.
- Responsible for client satisfaction and delivery of high-quality GIS products.
- Actively promotes MB&G as a premier provider of natural resource consulting services.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Natural Resources related field. Master’s degree a plus.
- Work-related experience pertaining to GIS and natural resource and/or utilities management highly desired.
- Proficient with Esri’s ArcGIS Pro software.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Ability to work effectively within the ArcGIS online environment
- Publish and manage feature services
- Intermediate knowledge of GIS concepts and principles.
- Intermediate GIS data modeling and database development skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of GIS data formats.
- Experience with mobile applications specifically esri Collector.
- Experience using Python, SQL
- Experience using Web AppBuilder; Dashboards, or other development tools, a plus.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic and team-oriented individual.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent time management skills.
- Client service oriented.
Extensive computer use, physical ability to operate a telephone, and sit for extended periods of time, may lift/carry up to 20 pounds.
Mason, Bruce & Girard is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and we do not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status or consideration protected by local, state and federal laws, except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies. Equal opportunity applies to hiring, promotion, training, compensation, and any other organizational action. MB&G’s written Affirmative Action Plan is available to all employees and job applicants upon request.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact +1-503-224-2445 for assistance.
- May assist with proposal development.
- Contacts are primarily within the company.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.