iDfour is a data-based marketing agency that harnesses the power of data to help clients reach their maximum marketing potential. For over two decades, iDfour has served a variety of clients from ambitious start-ups to the Fortune 500. We’re looking for accountable, organized, and creative people to join our team.
The GIS Analyst is a critical position providing key decision‐support materials and analyses for client marketing support, market development, and operations management. A high level of abstract thinking is required to implement resolutions to complex problems related to data and data relationships with ample opportunity for growth beyond geospatial analysis. Some SQL experience is needed to extract data from databases for analysis.
Final job description and compensation for this role is dependent upon skills and experience.
- Serve iDfour and clients with insights using mapping and data visualization
- Synthesize datasets from a combination of consumer, geographic, and client-provided data sources
- Utilize SQL to extract data for GIS projects and other projects, end-user analysts, and applications
- Lead data-driven, problem-solving projects that drive results for iDfour clients
- Translate data into business understanding through analysis, maps, graphs, charts, and slides
- Learn site location analysis and modeling, as well as other techniques that inform client growth strategies
- Perform planned and ad hoc mapping, analysis, and reporting
- Establish and maintain industry and product knowledge
- Other tasks and responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications, Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Geography, GIS, Business, Economics, Math, or related field preferred
- Knowledge of fundamental GIS principles, practices, and mapping platforms (ArcGIS or equivalent)
- Experience with SQL or equivalent: MS SQL Server, IBM DB2, Oracle, MySQL, MS Access
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
- Strong analytical and problem‐solving skills, along with a desire to derive data-based insights
- Strong oral and written communication skills, along with the ability to effectively interpret and communicate results
- Self‐motivated, strong project management skills, and the ability to meet deadlines
- Understanding of retail or consumer-oriented business analytics and marketing is a plus
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.