Perform spatial analysis and other advanced analytical functions to discover patterns and trends in GIS data. Develop mapping applications and tools and manage and manipulate various types of geographic data. Be proficient at explaining geographic trends and findings to business partners, requiring excellent written and verbal communication.
Maintain and update maps for some or all of OUC’s water distribution, electric distribution, substation and transmission maps to reflect the most current information for construction and maintenance crews, operations personnel, and other internal and external parties. Ensure databases contain the most accurate information for efficient planning of future system upgrades and improvements.
- Model and map spatial data using Geographical Information Technology (GIS); use OUC infrastructure to create maps which assist in capital planning, work planning and asset management;
- Perform spatial analysis on data to discover patterns and trends;
- Produce maps showing the spatial distribution of data;
- Develop mapping applications and tools;
- Produce reports on geographic data utilizing data visualizations;
- Develop spatial models in pursuit of spatial analysis;
- Create, maintain and update databases of GIS data, maps and OUC distribution system drawings;
- Review and edit detailed drawings, plans and maps through AutoCAD;
- Export, archive and import GPS location points from field personnel into GIS;
- Conduct field investigations to locate and verify various structures within the OUC service area;
- Establish design plan permits using AutoCAD programs;
- Maintain quality assurance and quality control of distribution as-built; update feeder and circuit(OMS) changes;
- Coordinate the exchange of data with internal and external customers;
- Provide reliable service, accurate information and necessary resources in the performance of job duties; answer questions of peers, OUC staff and field personnel, supervisory staff, and external stakeholders;
- Assist other GIS Technicians by performing quality control checks on new GIS data; provide training and support for lesser-experienced personnel;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Working knowledge of, but not limited to the following:
- Engineering Drawings for Mechanical, Structural and Civil;
- Diagrams for Electrical and Control;
- Piping and Instrument Diagram’s Maps;
- Maintenance and Operational manuals;
- Drawing Standards, Documentation and Safety Procedures;
- Create and design Electric Utility Permits for Distribution and Street Lights;
- Electric circuits and other forms of electrical maps concerning OUC infrastructure;
- Equipment and Operational Practices for Coal Fire Power Plant and Gas Combustion Turbine Units;
- Software Applications (i.e. AutoCad Blue Cielo Meridian (drawing Database), Footprints, ePets);
- Related industry, organizational and departmental policies, practices, and procedures; legal guidelines, ordinances, and laws;
- Proficiency with a database programming language such as SQL
- Proficiency with the scripting language Python
- Proficiency with ArcGIS Desktop (ArcMap and ArcGIS Pro)
- Outstanding quantitative skill set
- Attention to detail and good problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
Ability to understand and apply governmental accounting practices in maintenance of financial records;
Ability to make arithmetic computations using whole numbers, fractions and decimals; compute rates, ratios and percentages;
Ability use Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.) and use standard office equipment (computer, telephone, copier, etc.).
Education/ Certification/ Years of Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science, Geographic Information Systems, Geography, Engineering, or related field
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in Geographical Information System (GIS) role
This job is mostly performed in an office work environment without disagreeable conditions.
This job requires constant detailed inspection/reading/English. This job may require constant speaking and hearing. This job requires very frequent typing, writing and may involve very frequent sitting. This job may involve frequent walking, repetitive motions, and operating machines or equipment. This job may involve occasionally driving a company vehicle.
OUC–The Reliable One is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed through responsible management policies to recruit, hire, promote, train, transfer, compensate, and administer all other personnel actions without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information and any other factor prohibited under applicable federal, state, and local civil rights laws, rules, and regulations.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.