The GIS Administrator will be responsible for administration and maintenance activities of the enterprise GIS system. The successful candidate will oversee and manage the City’s enterprise GIS applications, facilitate and implement business system integrations with the GIS, and help improve processes and procedures with workflows and software.
- Maintains enterprise GIS systems and data including all hardware, software, and software licenses; ensures all workstations, servers are working efficiently; and ensures data is easily accessible and is properly organized.
- Installs GIS software and product updates.
- Identifies GIS issues and strategies, and provides recommendations to GIS Manager.
- Creates, implements, and maintains enterprise GIS applications and system tools.
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots GIS and other departmental applications.
- Produces and maintains internal manuals, training materials, and systems documentation
- Integrates the GIS with other business systems.
- Provides technical support and training to end users regarding GIS systems and software.
- Prepares maps and other representations of spatial data, with adherence to established cartographic standards. Must have knowledge of principles and practices of mapping, coordinate systems, projection and scale.
- Stays abreast of new developments within assigned area of responsibility.
- Assists in answering customer queries and providing customer support.
- Assists in the maintenance of all large format printers and scanners.
- Attends technical training sessions.
- Maintains administrative and clerical duties as required.
- Performs other routine and/or specialized duties relative to area of assignment as required.
- Maybe subject to on-call duties and called out during emergencies
Manages and maintains municipal GIS systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems, Geography, or related field.
- Four (4) year of experience administrating ArcGIS Enterprise.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Online/
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server databases
- An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the duties of the job may be considered.
- Valid Texas Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record is required.
- Must obtain ITIL Foundation certification within 1 year.
- Experience in the following areas: Experience in platform architecture, solution design, project envisioning, planning, developing, deployment, security, identity management frameworks, cloud, and scalability
- Familiarity with utility networks.
- Familiarity with raster data.
- Familiarity with writing SQL queries.
- GISP Certification
- Attention to detail and task oriented
- Motivation to improve processes and procedures
- Interpersonal skills that result in effective working relationships with peers, members, and vendors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to convey information clearly and confidentially in a positive, professional manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ability to organize work, establish priorities, meet established deadlines, and follow up on assignments with minimal direction.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are required; must be able to maintain positive working relationships with City departments and personnel, outside agencies, consultants, vendors, and the general public.
- Must be able to read/comprehend spatial/empirical data, engineering documents, and software manuals; must have the ability to prepare various types of municipal maps.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS Physical requirements include lifting up to 30 pounds occasionally. Subject to sitting, handling, fine dexterity, vision (including distinguishing color), hearing and talking constantly; standing and kneeling frequently, walking, lifting, carrying, pushing/pulling, reaching, bending and foot controls occasionally.
Working conditions are climate controlled office environment.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.