A Natural Gas Utility in Pensacola is in need of a full-time Engineering Services Technician to join their team. Check out the description below to see if this position sounds like a great fit for you!
- Assisting with the investigation and design of engineering projects.
- Reviewing subdivision plats for errors of closure, drainage, and conformity to City zoning ordinances and the Florida Plat Act.
- Participating in engineering studies, investigations, and surveys relating to construction projects.
- Preparing construction cost estimates and legal descriptions, drafting preliminary designs, and performing related engineering drafting.
- Assisting in securing proper work permits.
- Reviewing work orders and helping to ensure projects are completed as specified, within established timeframes, and in accordance with approved project plans.
- Maintaining and manipulating project and/or departmental databases as needed to track projects, inventory, and other resources or components of assigned projects.
- Assisting project managers as needed in the coordination of projects to include assisting with resolution planning for project complications.
- Utilizing CAD or GIS systems as needed to create, edit, and maintain features and geometric networks.
- Interpreting legal descriptions/instruments, survey bearings, and technical plans/drawings to determine boundaries, assets, and facilities for georeferencing.
- Providing reports and maps to field personnel, department heads, and regulatory agencies.
- Coordinating information with city, county, state, other agencies, consultants, and contractors.
- Highly motivated and intuitive with what needs to be done
- Organized and have an eye for detail
- Hard-working and methodical in processes.
- A minimum of an associate's degree in Civil Engineering or a related field.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) involving civil engineering related projects.
- Professional certification in GIS.
- The ability to lift between 50 - 100 lbs.
- The ability to work outside and in various weather conditions.
- Valid driver's license.
Compensation and Schedule
- This position is full-time and pays $16 per hour.
- Hours are Monday through Friday from 8am until 5p.m.
Opportunities for Growth
Professional Development Opportunities
This assignment is considered “Contract-to-Direct,” meaning you will remain on Landrum’s payroll for at least 15 weeks. Once the 15 weeks is over, your employer can elect to bring you onto their payroll or extend the assignment out longer through Landrum.
Does this job sound like a perfect match for your personality, skills and previous experience? Apply today!
Email your resume to email@example.com.
If selected to continue to the next step in the hiring process, an HR Specialist will contact you.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.