Under general supervision, employees of this classification perform duties such as: updating and/or editing maps and/or design drawings using geographic information systems (GIS) or computer aided design (CAD) technology; reading and/or interpreting maps, blueprints, survey documents, or sketches, scan and print plans and file and/or organize digital plans. Utilizes current Countywide and/or department specific software to complete assignments.
At the time of application, applicants must:
1. Must be a high school graduate or have a certificate of successful completion of the General Education Development Test; AND
2. Have had at least three (3) months of full-time experience performing or assisting with GIS, engineering, community planning, surveying, property assessing, architectural work, or relevant computer applications.
NOTE: Seven (7) credits from an accredited college or university in an engineering curriculum may substitute for the experience described above.
3. Possess a valid United States motor vehicle operator's or chauffeur's license. Out of Country driver's license holders will be required to obtain the appropriate valid State of Michigan driver's license before hire date.
4. Pass the complete examination including the employment medical, established for this classification.
5. Successfully complete the six month probationary period.
To Apply / Full Job Listing: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/oakgov/jobs/2148880/engineering-aide-gis?page=2&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.