The Enterprise Document Management System (EDMS) / Geographic Information System (GIS) Analyst reports to the Manager of Information Systems and is responsible for creating, maintaining, and administering EDMS and integrating it with GIS applications for Johns Hopkins Facilities and Real Estate (JHFRE). The EDMS / GIS Analyst will gather requirements, design, create, test, document, implement, analyze, update and maintain JHFRE’s EDMS, GIS, building energy management system and create SQL reports for cross-platform summary data.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the creation, implementation, maintenance, performance, production support and documentation of JHFRE’s enterprise document management system (EDMS),
- Develop and refine commercial off-the-shelf and custom GIS applications, user interfaces, and web services to highlight EDMS content
- Assist in the development, publishing, and maintenance of ESRI web services as part of the ArcGIS Enterprise solution.
- Prepare written documentation of all EDMS & GIS applications and participate in cross-training/knowledge sharing with JHFRE staff.
- Develop scripts and routines to automate workflow processes.
- Apply analysis techniques and procedures to gather and then translate business requirements into functional/technical specifications and designs.
- Provide technical support JHFRE’s Building Energy Management System
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and review project deliverables to ensure project goals are accomplished, using functional specifications and designs.
- SQL report writer for JHFRE enterprise applications; manage report content and workflows.
- Provide support for visualizing data within real-time mapping applications.
- Monitor the landscape of EDMS and GIS data management to design support services that will respond to JHFRE’s unique requirements.
- Define moderately complex business or facilities challenges by meeting with clients to observe and understand current processes.
- Develop/change data input, files/database structures, data transformation and data output by using appropriate computer language/tools to provide technical solutions.
- Document code and associated processes by adhering to development methodologies, adding code comments and appropriate documentation.
- Implement changes by adhering to the change management policies and procedures for any given project to communicate to all parties.
- Build and maintain client relationships through positive interactions.
- Bachelors Degree required.
- 1 year related experience required.
- Additional education may substitute for required experience and additional related experience
- may substitute for required education, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
- Experience with Enterprise Document Management Systems.
- Experience with Geographic Information systems.
- Ability to write and publish SQL reports.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Experience with Hyland OnBase Document management system is a plus.
- Experience with ESRI, GeoCortex, Archibus, PMWeb, Maximo, SAP is a plus.
- Knowledge of web and mobile architectures and technologies.
- Knowledge of geospatial concepts and data types.
- Interest in learning, using, and demonstrating software systems/technologies.
- Ability to effectively collaborate and build consensus with a diverse group.
- Excellent technical communication and documentation skills.
- Ability to work well independently and as a team member.
Must be able to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time. Ability to operate a computer and other equipment on a frequent basis.
Ability to frequently communicate with coworkers. Ability to move about.
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.