About Community Data Platforms:
Community Data Platforms believes communities get smarter and stronger by using evidence-based decision-making. CDP supports this mission by building data platforms in communities across the country to help leaders and decision-makers answer their Pressing Questions.
With a five-year goal of serving 100 communities, CDP believes it can support data-driven decision-making among governments, business, and nonprofits, leading to better outcomes among a range of critical community organizations. Communities have pressing questions and CDP’s team and approach develops actionable insights and communicates them clearly by using advanced visualizations. We believe a community data platform is an essential community service.
Working with Community Data Platforms:
We’re looking for ambitious and resourceful people to join a rapidly growing start-up serving communities across the country. Benefits include:
- A culture of intellectual humility and a passion for understanding the world around us (we don’t care who’s right – we care what’s right!)
- Working with driven and intellectually curious people who are experts in their fields
- A close-knit team that is devoted to a common mission
- The opportunity to be involved at the early stages of a start-up with enormous potential
- Being at the forefront of the big data wave and its application to community-based decision-making
- Remote work – you set your own hours and complete your work on your own time – no micromanaging
We believe smarter and stronger cities emerge if they aggregate reliable data & deploy effective data tools so as to inspire astute decision making. The ideal candidate for this position will be inspired by this initiative, can undertake data analysis, has an enthusiasm for learning new things, and can work in a fast-paced team environment. He or she will have previously worked for a local government as an employee or consultant and know the landscape of data and departments. Our goal for this position is to bring the best in demographic analyses to community applications. We are seeking an individual with the technical expertise to conduct complex spatial and demographic analyses, and the ability to transform knowledge into new algorithms targeting the pressing questions of communities.
Requirements of successful candidates include:
● Experience working with a wide range of demographic and psychographic data
● Working knowledge of Python
● Exposure to a wide range of GIS solutions
● Working knowledge of SQL code
● Minimum of 4 years of data-related job experience
● Advanced degree in geography, urban planning, demography or related field
Nice to have skills include:
● Familiarity with Open Source GIS
● Advanced statistical background
● Experience building and deploying data products
The proven ability to work collaboratively on diverse teams needs to be demonstrated in the
application package. They must work effectively on their own, as well as in a team setting with
peers of varying subject area expertise. This is a remote-only position and can be full or
part-time. Huge growth potential for the correct candidate. Competitive salary.
Please send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com and include the job title in the SUBJECT line of the email. In the cover letter, please let us know where you found the job posting.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.