This individual will perform a variety of tasks relating to the design, development, testing and documentation of GIS applications for utility companies. The GIS Developer will have work experience/knowledge developing end user applications with strong creativity, knowledge of GIS applications and functionality.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Work with customers and project team to analyze and document project requirements and specifications associated with implementation and configuration of software, tools, and technical processes associated with the project and deliverable compliance.
- Identify and scope required project software and production/QA tools to support project requirements and specifications.
- Perform development, configuration, testing, implementation, and maintenance of project software, production/QA tools, reports, and scripts.
- Develop and implement software related or tool related documentation.
- Develop and analyze logical and physical data models, including data mapping and database management.
- Ability to analyze complex problems, evaluate solutions, and make sound, well-structured recommendations.
- As required, participate in the definition and implementation of continuous improvement related to project software and production tools.
- Supporting sales activities including participating in sales calls, proposal development, and customer interviews and presentations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective professional working relationships, including regular interaction with client.
- Create GIS software that interacts with ArcGIS or related components through established APIs and/or SDKs.
- Utilize established guidelines and conventions within the technical stack being used.
- Consult and work with users and developers to resolve application, data conflicts and troubleshooting.
- Work well in a team environment as well as a sole contributor with little or no supervision.
- Provide assistance to team members when needed.
- Provide mentorship to new team members.
- Travel as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of related GIS experience
- Detail oriented, organized, and quality focused
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, multitask managing multiple deadlines.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate issues and potential solutions
- Ability to analyze spatial data
- Takes the initiative to learn new things through self-study and/or continuing education.
- Experience with ESRI’s ArcGIS product stack. Knowledge of Schneider Electric’s ArcFM/Designer, ESRI’s Utility Network (UN), and Internal products (SSP Sync, SSP MIMS, SSP Lifecycle) a plus.
- Working knowledge of commercial RDBMS and SQL, specifically Oracle and/or SQL Server.
- GIS Database Design Experience with ArcGIS and other ESRI products is a plus.
- Experience working with electric, gas, telecom, water and/or wastewater utilities a plus.
- Prior Consulting experience a plus.
Education, Certifications, and/or Experience
BS in Computer Science, GIS geography, engineering, or a related field. Relevant job experience and/or technical certifications will also be considered in lieu of a degree.
A minimum of five progressive years of related technical experience with GIS, or within the utility field.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.