The Cataloger/GIS Analyst will be responsible for the creation, maintenance and validation of metadata for geospatial data products and geospatial library holdings, to include GeoPDF products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position)
- Classify and catalog geospatial data records, including hard copy books, map data, both hardcopy and softcopy, and documents and reports.
- Create and delete catalog records in accordance with standard GIS and library application standards and testing the current library database software.
- Scan and convert hard copy maps to a GeoPDF format and inputting the resultant GeoPDF information into the catalog database.
- Other GIS work as required.
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
Bachelor’s Degree in related field with 5+ years of experience
Additional experience may be used in lieu of degree
Secret Clearance with ability to obtain a Top Secret Clearance
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to obtain Top Secret Clearance
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to be an accomplishment-oriented, team player, and an individual contributor
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously, be proactive, and assume additional responsibility and accountability
- Ability to develop strategies to achieve organizational goals; Continual attention to detail, establishes priorities and meets deadlines.
- Adapt strategy to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands and rapidly be able to assimilate new information.
- Ability to approach others in a tactful manner; React well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or posture; Accept responsibility for own actions; Follow through on commitments.
Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.