CenterPoint Energy and its predecessor companies have been in business for more than 150 years. Our vision to lead the nation in delivering energy, service and value drives our strategy and performance. We have an unwavering commitment to safely and reliably deliver electricity and natural gas to millions of people.
Inclusion and Diversity
CenterPoint Energy is committed to creating an inclusive work environment where business results are achieved through the skills, abilities and talents of our diverse workforce.
At CenterPoint Energy, individuals are respected for their contributions toward our company objectives. We strive for an inclusive work environment across all levels that is reflective of the available workforce in the communities we serve.
As the CAD/GIS Technician, you will be responsible for performing Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) and Geographic Information System (GIS) design assignments of proposed engineering and operations related projects.
Specifically, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Performs intermediate level assignments in support of distribution operations, such as construction projects, permit applications, etc.
- Utilize intermediate level CAD and ArcMap skills to support gas operations.
- Assist with QA/QC process to ensure CAD and/or GIS production standards are maintained in the development and production of construction plans and specifications.
- Enters as-built, survey data, field notes, plats, legal descriptions, address information, etc. in continuous effort to keep GIS database current
- Creates and runs queries of GIS data to provide easier access and retrieval of CNP infrastructure information from GIS database to support statistical analysis and creation of accurate maps, plans, and engineering schematic designs.
- Recommends improvements in process and methods used to generate CAD and/or GIS documentation.
- Interprets construction designs and drawings of both existing and proposed gas distribution facilities.
- Analyzes and interprets spatial data to ensure system integrity.
- Assists customers and employees with basic facility information inquiries.
- Designs and produces special graphic presentation maps.
- Trains less experienced staff to perform duties listed above.
- Will be assigned projects in support of CAD/GIS Department
- Requires a high school diploma.
- Vo-Tech/CAD/GIS/Drafting certificate, Associates Degree or 60 credit hours in a related field
- Minimum 4 years GIS experience with an understanding of construction drawings, diagrams, and maps through the use of computer software.
This is an office-based position located at our corporate headquarters in Houston, Texas
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.