Want to make a real impact? At Liberty, we believe that Lines of Code can Change Lives, and it is our job to do so every day, more securely and more dependably. We are currently seeking a sharp, ambitious, and enthusiastic ArcGIS System Engineer to join our team to innovate and change the face of healthcare in our country. Over the past year, our small company has tackled a wide range of public health issues through technology and business solutions, such as Veteran suicide prevention, genomic and big data analytics, community care, API-driven government gateways, health record modernization, and enterprise-wide federal cyber security and DevSecOps efforts to name a few. So what will you transform?
The successful candidate will be assigned to Geography Business Intelligence Service Line (GeoBISL) – Department of Veterans Affairs HQ at 811 Vermont Ave NW, Washington DC 20571.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer all aspects of ArcGIS Server, Portal, and ArcGIS Online, including performance monitoring and tuning, service configuration, security, and licensing.
- Engineer and implement enhancements to a scalable, highly available enterprise ArcGIS platform to meet customer demands as technology improves.
- Administer ArcGIS license servers.
- Automate Server administration and operation.
- Maintain applications in production and non-production environments.
- Collaborate with various IT professionals to proactively maintain a production GIS system consisting of Windows servers, network load balancers, network storages and various databases to deliver high quality GIS products and services to customers.
- Troubleshoot hardware, software, and other system components.
- Maintain data system documentation: i.e. system data plan
- Expert knowledge and experience with ESRI suite of ArcGIS enterprise software at version 10.5.x and above including ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Server, ArcSDE and Portal for ArcGIS.
- Knowledge of Windows server administrator concepts and principles.
- Ability to work within a team on diverse GIS projects focused physical, health care, and engineering.
- Ability to partner with non-GIS subject matter experts.
- Ability to orally communicate technical information effectively to government managers and analysts, geospatial colleagues, and interested individuals.
- Efficient in Python-language-based scripting skills.
- Candidate must be able work on site in Washington DC.
We pride ourselves on being flexible, but there are some things we feel strongly about:
- Understanding the bigger picture. Great systems aren’t built in vacuums – they require hard work from extremely smart people across many disciplines and an understanding of how it all fits together.
- Great teams are better than the all-star players. No matter how great someone’s ideas, they’ll be improved upon through collaboration. Delivering dependably bring customers back for their next project.
- Being an excellent communicator, because you take care in articulating your own thought process, as well as critique the work of others.
Take a chance. Innovation and creativity underlie the American culture and are how we push the envelope forward. It’s not just our successes that get us there, but our failures – so being willing to take chances on ideas, even if they fail, helps us continually learn and grow.
To Apply, please visit: https://libertyits.com/
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.