ECS is seeking a Sr. GIS Developer who will design, develop and implement web-based GIS applications utilizing ESRI tools.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking for a long term opportunity, growth, flexible work environment with competitive salary and great benefits. If you are self-motivated, work with a team and individually, and are able to bring innovative solutions and ideas, then this is a great opportunity for you!
This position will perform and have the following duties, roles, and / or responsibilities:
- Create, analyze, and maintain maps, data, and reports
- Develop, plan, and implement complex GIS applications software for the system users and operators.
- Design and develop complex GIS database models and templates
- Write, edit, install, and verify programs for debugged and edits programs for accessing, maintaining, linking and populating databases
- Administer GIS servers and workstations by installing and troubleshooting system software and programs and administer system access and security
- Perform image processing and editing to transform vertical orthoimagery to usable GIS format.
- Conduct database programming of relational databases, transportation modeling for project-based GIS tools used
- Write and/or present documentation supporting the web-based GIS efforts relating to this position.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Geography or related field.
- 5 years experience working with a GIS system or other enterprise Data Management system; analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must have 3 years of experience with Java, JSP and Python programming languages.
- Experience coordinating GIS within a wide variety of organizations, groups, and individuals.
- 2 years of experience utilizing ArcGIS/ArcInfo Workstation (ArcMAP) GIS to QA/QC usable files from client Test program solutions.
- Must be U.S. Citizen or Green Card holder and must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
Experience may be substituted for education.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.