Geographic Information Services, Inc. (GISinc) is a small business whose core purpose is to create insight through spatial technology. This is an opportunity to work with one of the leading GIS consulting organizations. We are looking for technical people that want to tackle those tough to solve problems and love delivering solutions.
If you have exceptional talent and interpersonal skills and meet the following description, please submit a detailed CV that outlines the experience and requirements to:
Role: Solutions Engineer - Database Specialist
On-site technical support to BLM in the form of one AIM Database Support Specialist. Assist BLM personnel in supporting the full range of database support activities.
Candidates must be eligible for federal security clearance (NCHC) and proof of U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Design both web and/or desktop-based geospatial tools for the AIM program, meeting specific requirements in addition to standardization to support following the BLM’s required processes for security and data standards.
- Coordinate configuration and maintenance of the geospatial tools developed by other BLM employees, including reuse and recycle of tool components and scripting logic and/or snippets.
- Provide trainings and/or agile sprint reviews of geospatial tools during development for user review and feedback as well as training on use of final products.
- Ensure the full documentation of each geospatial tool as needed including scripting, model, and workflow documentation as well as development of help files and user guides.
- Provide technical assistance to end users accessing and using geospatial tools.
- Communicate complex technical problems and solutions to non-technical partners and user base.
- Participate in weekly BLM AIM team calls.
- Prepare weekly status reporting in a format agreed upon by the Contract Officer’s Representative (COR).
- Help enforce National naming convention of ArcGIS Server GIS Services, filename, and folder.
- Review, create and maintain metadata to BLM specifications for datasets and services.
- Attend regular meetings to review work progress and schedule.
- Professional experience of greater than 4 years with ESRI’s ArcGIS Desktop software. Preference will be given to those candidates demonstrating at least 1 year experience using ArcGIS Desktop10.3 or higher.
- Professional experience of greater than 2 years working in a multi-user, enterprise Geodatabase environment using ESRI’s ArcSDE software. Preference will be given to those candidates that demonstrate using SQL Server in conjunction with Enterprise Geospatial database.
- Professional knowledge experience of greater than 2 years with automation development using Python, FME, or R.
- Professional experience creating tools to automate geospatial analysis, perform data QAQC, and generally create efficiencies through tools and automation.
- Professional knowledge of technical problem-solving skills related to Geospatial Software.
- Professional knowledge in applying geospatial technologies to address natural resource and/or land management business requirements.
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively to lay persons and geospatial technical experts alike.
- Experience in developing written technical documentation (such as metadata, workflow diagrams, white papers, etc.).
- Ability to work with projects of varying timelines from yearlong implementation schedules to products with hours for quick turnaround production.
Competencies and Skills:
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively with a wide range of people.
- Comfortable working in high paced environment.
- Able to translate technical concepts into layman’s terms.
- Able to coordinate with program stakeholders.
- Self-motivated, pro-active, and ability to multi-task.
- Onsite at the BLM National Operations Center (NOC), Denver Federal Center, Lakewood, CO.
- Travel up to 20% of the time.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer
GISinc offers a full suite of base and elected benefits to all full-time employees included but not limited to: Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, ESOP, PTO, Life, Long and Short-Term Disability, FSA, HSA, etc. To learn more about our award winning Personal Choice Program visit us at http://gisinc.com/our-story/joining-our-geeks!
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.