The Remote Sensing (RS) Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) team El Segundo, CA has an immediate need for a Program Operations Manager (POM). The candidate will work with the Program Manager, Deputy Program Manager and Colorado Lead to manage the day to day operations of the SE&I team. This includes assisting with SE&I staffing, financial reporting, customer product delivery and other elements of program execution. This individual will be a strong leader with experience managing tasks and people to accomplish program objectives in a highly dynamic environment. The desired candidate will have experience with Department of Defense (DoD) Space-Based systems. Candidate will provide SE&I support to the OPIR and Weather Enterprise programs in support of the Space and Missile Systems Center Remote Sensing Directorate (SMC/RS).
Major duties of the position include:
- Ensuring effective integration and planning of contracting and subcontracting activities and relationships.
- Ensuring financial reporting and tracking efforts are effectively planned and coordinated to meet corporate and program CDRL submittal requirements.
- Managing requisitions, interviews and staffing requirements with SE&I program manager, deputy program manager and SE&I Leads to insure program resources are identified to meet program needs.
- Coordinating and leading SE&I Monthly Status Reviews and Weekly Leadership Tag-up meetings with SE&I Leads and Quarterly PMRs with government Contracting Officer Representative (COR).
- Providing resource scheduling and planning support for all program tasks and resources with SE&I leadership inputs and working with the Program Manager, Deputy Program Manager and Chief Engineer to prioritize task assignments to achieve Performance Work Statement requirements.
- Interfacing and collaborating with SE&I team members, prime contractors, other team contractors, government civilians, and members of the U.S. Air Force.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. BS in Engineering, business or similar is preferred.
- 15+ years of relevant experience with space and ground segments of DoD, and other Government space programs
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- Strong, proactive self-starter who takes the initiative to identify, own and solve customer problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills as well as organizational skills.
- Scheduling and planning experience with space, ground, operations, and sustainment segments of a DoD program
- Experience with space systems, Weather systems, OPIR systems, ground and space system acquisition, and systems engineering experience
- Experience with developing and maintaining MS Project schedules and proficiency managing data in Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrated experience working with Air Force/DoD customers in an acquisition environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic team environment
- Superior interpersonal, written and communications skills with the ability to interface with different personalities in a range of positions, including many at very senior levels
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to independently execute work tasks in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment
- Ability to think critically and synthesize information from multiple sources into comprehensive plans
- Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Weather and/or OPIR-specific experience highly desirable.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.