The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude, be self-motivated, goal oriented, pays attention to detail, and has excellent problem solving skills. Employee will work closely with project managers, engineers, and designers.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares engineering drawings from rough sketches or from general engineering and design information (verbal instructions and notes) using CADD software programs (i.e. AutoCAD. Microstation).
- Revises or changes drawings, traces and/or copies existing drawings and completes simple calculations with specific instructions.
- Understands and follows the company’s standard CADD procedures for layering and standard drawing procedures for sheet layout.
- Prepares exhibits and plans in ArcGIS.
- Develops quantity tabulation spreadsheets using Excel.
- Attends design review meetings with the project manager, and will interact with clients.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Works in a collaborative manner.
- Minimum high-school or technical school-training with courses in computer-aided drafting or equivalent experience is required.
- Drafting Junior College or Trade School graduate preferred (specialized training or education may be substituted for experience)
- Minimum 2 years’ of computer-aided drafting experience is required
- Minimum 1 year of ArcGIS-related experience is preferred.
- Must have experience with current version of Microstation or AutoCAD. (OpenRoads, GEOPAK and InRoads experience is a plus)
- Current technical knowledge of CADD operations, drafting procedures, and engineering specialty discipline is required
- Strong organizational and communication skills preferred
- Must be proficient at MS Word and Excel.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you’ll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.